PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a game cart?

Grasshopper
02-04-2011, 07:47 PM
My hunting partner and I have been doing some scouting and after an hour walk up this logging road we started talking about the energy it will take to walk out our first monster buck we shoot next September.

Any Advice on a game cart?

huntcoop
02-04-2011, 07:52 PM
My hunting partner and I have been doing some scouting and after an hour walk up this logging road we started talking about the energy it will take to walk out our first monster buck we shoot next September.

Any Advice on a game cart?

I would invest in a good backpack before a game cart. Eberlestock, Badlands, Mystery Ranch, Kifaru just to name a few. Hauling a cart around certainly would become a pain in the arse.

Farmer
02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
sasquatch makes a good game cart, they're in the regs

X2 on the Sasquatch game cart. We packed out a cow moose in two trips with ours. It was a lot faster than if we had to put it on our packs. The terrain was relatively level and firm ground.

tomahawk
02-07-2011, 08:45 PM
X2 on the Sasquatch game cart. We packed out a cow moose in two trips with ours. It was a lot faster than if we had to put it on our packs. The terrain was relatively level and firm ground.

X3, great unit, nicely made and reasonably priced.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/tomahawktom/103_0019-1.jpg

Whonnock Boy
02-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Are you the type of guy who can make one? I hunted Empire a few years back and met up with a guy who had made one himself. We got to know him well enough that his was at our disposal when ever we needed it.

He had made it with two front tires off of a motorbike. From what I can tell it would be a lot easier to go over logs and such than the small tires that are used on Sasquatch. The tires were positioned side by side just like the Sasquatch with a wider wheel base. Difference was that the platform that the animal, or animals sat on was flat and was positioned at hip height. I would compare the size of the platform to that of a single bed. Maybe a little smaller. On the front and back end of the unit there are handles, a man on the front, and a man on the back. Kind of like wheelbarrow handles.

This unit was slick. Two deer no problem. He said they put a whole moose on it quartered and it was still maneuvered quite easily. I believed him. We had two deer on it one time. It was like they were not even there. Keep in mind that any game packers like these, uphill is usually pretty tough. Downhill can be just as Tricky. The only thing I would have upgraded on his was brakes, which I figure could be an easy upgrade if building one.

I hope I explained the design enough for you to understand. If it is something you might be interested in, I could sketch up a drawing to let you see exactly what I am talking about.

These type of game haulers can be very useful depending on the area you are hunting. If I wanted one, I would build it just like this one. Probably less expensive too!

newhunterette
02-07-2011, 09:39 PM
like this one.......this little lady hauled 2 moose to the truck with it, 1/4 by 1/4

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/moose%202008/DSC_0023.jpg

4 point
02-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Bingo that is what I have.

Whonnock Boy
02-07-2011, 09:51 PM
like this one.......this little lady hauled 2 moose to the truck with it, 1/4 by 1/4

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/moose%202008/DSC_0023.jpg

If you are comparing it to the one I described, close. Same two man principle. The difference would be the tire size, the platform was bigger and flat across, and the handles were not the same. Think of a wheelbarrow. I would think it would be a lot easier to lift over logs than the one you have.

MountainHigh
02-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Give Ken or Derrick a call at Sasquatch. Their cart is one of the best for the price