PDA

View Full Version : Kuiu Ultralight Hunting- Opinions?

North
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I, like many others, am interested in this gear but can't help but feel some uncertainty.

Just got the newsletter which says that almost all the gear is spoken for and if you don't register soon, wont have a chance to get gear this first season.

How is this possible for a brand to become so popular without having only displayed limited prototypes or information about the products they are selling.

I hope it is as good as it seems it will be. I am not criticizing it in anyway as it seems to be gear that I would like to use. Just impressed with the huge popularity for a product which isn't even made yet.

Any thoughts or opinions? Also, if anyone has the chance to see some of the prototypes in person at the big hunting expos down south, Please comment or share what you have seen.

Thanks
Andrew

Fixit
02-04-2011, 02:08 PM
sounds like marketing hype

boxhitch
02-04-2011, 02:46 PM
How is this possible for a brand to become so popular without having only displayed limited prototypes or information about the products they are selling.
Marketing ..........The same reasons Sitka could sell so much over-priced junk

Oh, wait a minute..........isn't one of the founders an ex-Sitka staffer ?
Going to the trough for a second round ?

Kidding here guys, don't get torqued up jus tcause you bought Sitka........;)

swampthing
02-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I dont feel sitka is junk. Overpriced yes, junk no. I am not getting torqued up. I am kidding to boxhitch.

stoneguide
02-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Many of the followers of KUIU are there because of Jasons work developing SITKA. So many know the ability to make a quality product is there. Also many guys like that Jason is coming directly to the consumer throught the whole design and production for ideas.
So far his ideas are working, now the products will have to back the hype.
SG

BlacktailStalker
02-04-2011, 09:59 PM
We're just assuming its an echo of Sitka... but half the price.
Whats not to like ?

spear
02-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Clearly they have put a lot of work and used feedback from hunters/testers in the development of their gear. Its still a leap of faith to purchase before you see anything, for some people maybe it worth the risk? I think Sitka gear is expensive, but so far I've been fairly impressed with it considering I own a lot of other "high end" outdoor gear: Patagonia primarily, OR, Mountain Hardwear and Arcteryx. Sitka and Kuiui is still priced well under these brands, and its in camo. Could be pretty impressive

BlacktailStalker
02-05-2011, 10:09 AM
All I know is they better offer tall sizes in ALL offerings.

Its VERY annoying Sitka only has tall sizes in certain items.... their storm pant not being one of them.

Blair
02-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Sounds like a lot of marketing BULLSHZT to me

snareman1234
02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Looks like good quality gear, with lots of thought into it,

Just tough to jump in with no real good pics of it, and no one saying how good it really is

Brett
02-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't doubt they may sell out the first runs on the packs, but the clothing should be pretty easy to get a 2nd, 3rd ect, fast turnaround. You can't blame a guy with a new business for not ordering 1000's of everything, he probably has a LOT on the line here and wants to see how the first runs sell and get some cash back to order more

The Hermit
02-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I like the look of his packs, the frame especially. Might get one in to see how it compares to Sitka and MR.

beni
02-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I have been trying to read through the blogs and everything. I'm quite interested in picking up some of the gear when it becomes available. I love my 'Just One' pack, but I don't think it would hurt having another :D

Tikatack
02-12-2011, 12:35 AM
just One rocks, but the Kuiu looks lighter.

huntcoop
02-12-2011, 09:07 AM
My Just One is great but boy oh boy is it heavy empty.

BlacktailStalker
02-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Hope their product shipping is more reliable than their sticker shipping !?

Rob
02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
My Just One is great but boy oh boy is it heavy empty.

Im loving my "just one". Got it about 2 mos. ago. Your right though it is a heavy pack, but man does it sit nice. Any prices on the Kuiu gear yet? Somone metioned its half the price of the Sitka but I cant find any prices.

Alpine Addict
02-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Wranglers and some walmart plaid makes the real sheep hunter. No need to spend that kind of money on clothing in my opinion.

kootenayelkslayer
02-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Wranglers and some walmart plaid makes the real sheep hunter. No need to spend that kind of money on clothing in my opinion.

Good gear makes a world of difference. I'm looking forward to trying some of the KUIU stuff this summer.

huntcoop
02-12-2011, 11:19 PM
... Any prices on the Kuiu gear yet? Somone metioned its half the price of the Sitka but I cant find any prices.

Check it out Rob....

http://kuiu.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/kuius-pricing-structure/