PDA

View Full Version : first the halibut-now the Chinook

ratherbefishin
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
this mornings Times Colonist said we might have our Chinook catch opportunity reduced to ''save the Killer whales''......whats next?-to ''save'' the seals?

tomahawk
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Not suprising, the Halibut meetings being held around the province are important for everyone to speak there mind or at least send a letter NOW!!
When there was talk of restricitng ATV's and Quads most hunters sat back and doubted it would ever happen, well guess what!

Spy
02-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I knew this one was coming!:(I wonder who's Quota the DFO is going to cut!:wink::arrow:
Commercial or Sport fishery?
Time to draft another letter!

Buck
02-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Time to cull a few Killer Whales :wink:

M.Dean
02-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Humans eat fish, so do the Killer Whales, I don't really care if the Whales don't have any fish to eat, but I do care if I don't have any!!! All the Whales I've seen could lose a bit of weight any ways, let THEM eat Jelly Fish!!! Also, it wasn't ME that pored 500 Million Gallons of Crude Oil in the Sea, killing all the Fish, make BP buy Fish for the Whales, not Me!!!

Spy
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Any way we can get the Killer Whale's to eat some of the seals!:wink::wink:

ruger#1
02-03-2011, 06:11 PM
We need a season on seals,I heard they taste good. I have seen seals all the way up the north end of Harrison lake.

Tyee
02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Looks like Hatcheries should get more money to raise more Chinook.

Ozone
02-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Any way we can get the Killer Whale's to eat some of the seals

Some do

I heard they taste good

Its all in the way you cook it. Ive had it good and bad.

ratherbefishin
02-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah,I was just thinking-could I get a grant to''educate'' the killer whales to switch from eating salmon to seals by shooting a seal and dragging it behind the boat in the vicinity of killer whales?...course I'd need a new boat,fual,moorage and a per diem rate....it would be a ''study''and the result would be I would need to ''study'' it more before I could come up with any conclusive opinion[like all the rest of the ''studies'' they do]