PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops bound

newhunterette
02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
It looks like I will travelling to the town of the loops around the 25th of this month. It's a very long story on the why I am coming but I hope to also take a little boo around TRU to check it out for Breanne while I am there visiting.

If anyone is available for a coffee perhaps when I am there, shoot me message. I do know I will be very busy on the 26th, as I will be attending a party.

lip_ripper00
02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Party at Ali's house!!:mrgreen:

newhunterette
02-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Party at Ali's house!!:mrgreen:

Peter would love the company lol

srupp
02-02-2011, 06:44 PM
sheesh I will be in kamloops with Susan and Ebony on the 15th-17th..for the next surgery..so we will JUST miss each other...again..

steven

newhunterette
02-02-2011, 07:41 PM
sheesh I will be in kamloops with Susan and Ebony on the 15th-17th..for the next surgery..so we will JUST miss each other...again..

steven

dang it to heck

ufishifish2
02-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I will personally deliver a high priced case of beer to you Ali if you can get a coffee date with Jelly-boo!!!

newhunterette
02-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I will personally deliver a high priced case of beer to you Ali if you can get a coffee date with Jelly-boo!!!

lol I think mr Jelvis likes his person being unknown but ya never know, stranger things have happend to me lately so I could meet up with him. lol

Buckmeister
02-02-2011, 08:49 PM
lol I think mr Jelvis likes his person being unknown but ya never know, stranger things have happend to me lately so I could meet up with him. lol

get a pic taken of you both.

newhunterette
02-03-2011, 11:03 PM
May be coming sooner than anticipated...................:(

srupp
02-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Pm sent....

Steven

newhunterette
02-04-2011, 04:25 PM
so it looks like we are back on schedule for Kamloops

as many of you know I lost my Dad a few years ago and have been makin sure my Mom is doing good in 108 Mile, she had a fairly nice gentleman move in with her to help with the maintaining of her yard and such. Unfortunately he had an injury (broke both his arms in a fall) and had been hospitalized for surgery, well he had the first surgery and became quite ill, very quickly he took a turn and lost his battle last night. My Mom and his daughter were by his side. Tom is well known in the northern Legions as he frequented the dart tournaments. My Mom however, shock taking over collapsed and ended up herself in the emergency but very luck to report, I didn't have to rush to Kamloops this morning, she is much better and seems to fine. Thank goodness for friends in Kamloops.

So now I will be heading to the Loops as planned the weekend of the 25th.

I swear I get more grey hair from my Mom than my kids.

Tom, I sure hope ya give them all heck up there in the DART world of the heavens. You shall be missed, dang crotchety Englishman.

rocksteady
02-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Sorry for your Mom's loss Ali...As well as yours....Hang in there Kiddo...There is a raibow at the end somewhere:wink:

Johnny G1
02-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Prayer's are said Ali, and off to the other topic, How in the hell is that floor thing comin along????

newhunterette
02-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Pm sent....

Steven

Sorry for your Mom's loss Ali...As well as yours....Hang in there Kiddo...There is a raibow at the end somewhere:wink:

Prayer's are said Ali, and off to the other topic, How in the hell is that floor thing comin along????

Thanks so much, when the going gets tough in life, I can always count on my HBC friends for a smile.

Mom is on her way back to 108 Mile, where she better stay put for awhile.

So about that coffee in Kamloops for the weekend of the 25th, if anyone is interested, how about we change it to a stiff drink to soothe the nerves lol.

Johnny, update on the floor thread.

newhunterette
02-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Well I am leaving friday morning for Kamloops, I would appreciate if someone could give me weather updates and such as I am not a snowbunny driver lol.

I am not 100% yet where I am staying, there have been a couple options but nothing set in stone as of yet, lol. Love these kind of trips where ya have no clue whats gonna happen except the fact you have to be there.

If y'all in the area want to have a coffee send me a pm and I'll give you my cell number.

I am also hoping to squeeze in at least a couple hours at TRU. Have to pick up financial forms for Breanne and housing information.

The Hermit
02-22-2011, 04:41 AM
PM to Jelvis and ask him to meet you at the coffee house for a poetry reading!!!

sawmill
02-22-2011, 05:07 AM
Sorry to here about your Moms friend.I hope she`s OK.

.330 Dakota
02-22-2011, 08:34 AM
I saw a a guy at the Kamloops gun show last year with Elvis sideburns and a Elvis haircut, do ya think it was him?

newhunterette
02-25-2011, 08:15 AM
see ya - good thing I have things to keep me busy in the Loops this weekend

BillyBull
02-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Safe journey.....

Fisher-Dude
02-25-2011, 11:21 PM
I saw a a guy at the Kamloops gun show last year with Elvis sideburns and a Elvis haircut, do ya think it was him?

http://www.jewishelvis.com/images/jelvis_delitour_final.jpg

Philcott
02-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Travel safe Ali.

newhunterette
05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
well Braydon and I will be Kamloops bound this month ........................anyone for a coffee date - I'll be at the arena watching hockey.................hmmmmm should be in my hunting gear and go bear hunting while I'm there.......... No, be the good momma and watch her kid.sigh :)

Darksith
05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
I'll probably still be in the new building at TRU finishing all the damn extras they keep tossing my way, pop in when your on campus and I'll give you the tour of the most elaborate build in kamloops.

Fisher-Dude
05-02-2011, 04:16 PM
well Braydon and I will be Kamloops bound this month ........................anyone for a coffee date - I'll be at the arena watching hockey.................hmmmmm should be in my hunting gear and go bear hunting while I'm there.......... No, be the good momma and watch her kid.sigh :)

Watch out for Bighornbob. He picks up the scent of any strange woman in town, even over the stench of the pulp mill.

newhunterette
05-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Watch out for Bighornbob. He picks up the scent of any strange woman in town, even over the stench of the pulp mill.

Hey now I may a tad odd and a little certifiably crazy but aint strange.............................

newhunterette
05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
So apparently we are going to be at the ICE BOX ARENA - hello where the heck and how does one get to this Arena - seems like its in the middle of nowhere in Kamloops - what motels are close by if any - gonna be quite an interesting weekend

bighornbob
05-03-2011, 03:47 PM
http://www.iceboxarena.net/directions.html

Its on the reserve. From the main highway you will want to take the highway for Jasper. Once you cross the river take a left at your second set of lights (mt. Paul Way).

Not too much for hotels in the area. I would just head back up the highway to the top of the hill, lots of places to stay and eat up there. There is a Tim Hortons and a A&W up the Jasper highway about 1km then left onto Halston Ave.

Bring your binos and spotting scope, you should be able to see mountain sheep right from the arena.

BHB

Fisher-Dude
05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
See, he's already testing the air...

newhunterette
05-03-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.iceboxarena.net/directions.html

Its on the reserve. From the main highway you will want to take the highway for Jasper. Once you cross the river take a left at your second set of lights (mt. Paul Way).

Not too much for hotels in the area. I would just head back up the highway to the top of the hill, lots of places to stay and eat up there. There is a Tim Hortons and a A&W up the Jasper highway about 1km then left onto Halston Ave.

BHB
I spotted tons of them sheep when I was in the Loops a couple months ago. Was amazed how many big rams were in the herds. Thanks for the info BHB.

Piperdown
05-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey Fisher Dude why do they call him BIG HORNED BOB :)

newhunterette
05-14-2011, 11:24 AM
well I had a surprise Mother's day trip to Las Vegas from my brother inlaw this past week. I went down with 2 of my sister-in-laws and met a couple of our friends that were also down there. Us 3 ladies decided to get a tattoo - no we were not drunk or drinking at that point lol but something we wanted to do for many years together so we bit the bullet and did it. After a hoot n a holler we made it home safe and sound and now it is time to get myself back into the junior hockey camps mode. Will be in Kamloops on the long weekend. Was invited to go bear hunting the same weekend but infortunately Mom duties take presidence over bear hunting so it may look like another season will pass me by :(. Is it beginning to warm up in the Loops?

newhunterette
05-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Beating rush of the long weekend traffic - Kamloops bound ........................y'all have a wonderful long weekend - those of you heading for bear hunting - all the best (I'm jealous) ..so looking forward to sitting 3 days in the ICE BOX ARENA

Caveman
05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Is it beginning to warm up in the Loops?

Yes it is! mid to high 20's

newhunterette
05-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Were here - awesome weather - Ramada inn not too bad