PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting my 1st Bow!

The Silent Stalker
01-30-2011, 11:54 AM
I just ordered a new Bear Attack in the RTH package, and now everyday feels like a month, while I wait for it in the mail. I looked at lots of bows, and some buddies have bought different ones but these felt rite in my hand. Does anyone have any thoughts as to wether this was a good choice, and has anyone got one, and if so what what do you think of it?

RoscoeP
01-30-2011, 12:12 PM
If it felt right in YOUR hands it probably is the right bow for you. All the major brands make good bows. Never buy what others like. Cheers

Bow Walker
01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Sweet looking bow. :mrgreen:

Now to 'outfit' it. What are you putting on it? Sight? Peep? Release? Stabilizer? Arrow rest? Arrow Quiver? :confused:

Come on! Details, details...:wink:

TimberPig
01-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Sweet looking bow. :mrgreen:

Now to 'outfit' it. What are you putting on it? Sight? Peep? Release? Stabilizer? Arrow rest? Arrow Quiver? :confused:

Come on! Details, details...:wink:

Other than the release, it will come with whatever Bear throws on, as he said it was a ready to hunt package. Whether he chooses to keep it that way is for a further disucssion on what he should switch to :P.

Bow Walker
01-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Ahhh, I obviously didn't see (forgot) about the mention of the Ready To Hunt package. :oops:

Bow Walker
01-31-2011, 11:36 PM
The stuff in the Ready To Hunt package is pretty darned good. The Whisker Biscuit was voted (in the Bowhunting world magazine - Feb 2011 - Readers' Choice Awards) as the "Gold" arrow rest. Silver went to the Q.A.D. and Ripcord. Bronze was the Trophy Taker.

Carbon arrows, Gold - Easton, Silver - Gold Tip, Bronze - Carbon Express and Beman. (ove my GT's)

Vanes, Gold - Bohning Blazers, Silver - Duravane/Norway Industries and N.A.P.

Fixed broadheads, Gold - Muzzy's MX-3 100 grain, Silver - Montec G-5, Bronze - N.A.P. and Slick Trick. (slick trick shouda been first)

Mechanical broadheads, Gold - Rage's 2-blade, Silver - G-5, Bronze - Grim Reaper and N.A.P.

Fixed Pin Sights, Gold - Spot Hogg, Silver - Tru-Glo and Montana Black Gold. (no mention of Trophy Ridge)

Rangefinders, Gold - Nikon's Archer's Choice, Silver - Bushnell, Bronze - Leupold.

Release Aids, Gold - Scott Archery, Silver - Tru Ball, Bronze - Tru-Fire and Carter. (no mention of Jim Fletcher releases)

Bow-mounted Quivers, Gold - Kwikee Kwiver, Silver - Mathews, Bronze - Fuse.

Stabilizers, Gold - Limbsaver's S-coil and/or X-coil, Silver - Doinker, Bronze - Fuse.

Archery Targets (conventional), Gold - Field Logic's The Block, Silver - Rinehart, Bronze - Morrell. (no mention of Bull Dog targets - Cdn made too)

Archery Targets (bag), Gold - Morrell Yellow Jacket...no mention of either Silver or Bronze.

Bows? Compound, Gold - Mathews Z-7, Silver - Hoyt Maxxis, Bronze - Bow Tech and PSE. (No mention at all of Limbsaver Bows.)

Traditional bows, Gold - Bear Kodiak and Grizzly bows, Silver - Hoyt Dorado and Gamemaster, Bronze - Martin and Black Widow.

Just for your information....