PDA

View Full Version : back from the vet

Fixit
01-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Im dog sitting my parents GSP for a few weeks, i took him out to the gravel pit and was shooting 22 shorts off, which he didnt mind at all. then after about 15 mins i noticed bloody footprints everywhere.he must have found some broken glass and badly lacerated his pad, through to the meat of the paw.

anyways just back from the vet from surgery to close the cut up, 4 stitches and 605 bucks later...

there goes my sig 226 i was looking at!

deeks1989
01-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Im dog sitting my parents GSP for a few weeks, i took him out to the gravel pit and was shooting 22 shorts off, which he didnt mind at all. then after about 15 mins i noticed bloody footprints everywhere.he must have found some broken glass and badly lacerated his pad, through to the meat of the paw.

anyways just back from the vet from surgery to close the cut up, 4 stitches and 605 bucks later...

there goes my sig 226 i was looking at!

Hate ton say this but super glue is only 5-10 bucks...:confused:

Fixit
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
coulda done that i guess, but when its not your dog...

pnbrock
01-29-2011, 06:44 PM
well iguess your fees just went way up.

fowl language
01-30-2011, 09:02 AM
3 stitches in ladner is 386.00 ,so i guess the per stitch ratio is more your way....fowl

Seth
01-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Same thing happened to my GSP, and thats why pet insurance now takes care of those mishaps. $38 bucks a month covers everything.

crazybushcreature
01-30-2011, 10:48 AM
well atleast the dog is ok

Gunner
01-30-2011, 05:40 PM
My labs have cut their paws many times,each time was a trip to the vet.It got me thinking about WHY the Government allows off sales of bottles.How many people have had dogs or kids injured by bottles broken by buttheads,it wouldn't happen if it was cans only. Gunner

SHACK
01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Add another one to the list of guys who has had this happen!

Squamch
01-30-2011, 07:31 PM
My labs have cut their paws many times,each time was a trip to the vet.It got me thinking about WHY the Government allows off sales of bottles.How many people have had dogs or kids injured by bottles broken by buttheads,it wouldn't happen if it was cans only. Gunner

If it saves just one paw...

Gunner
01-30-2011, 11:26 PM
If it saves just one paw...I wouldn't give a s**t if people packed out their empties,but by the amount of glass I see damn near everywhere most don't.Screw them, make them pack cans they can still shoot holes in them.They don't pack them out either. Gunner

Shooter Jr.
01-31-2011, 12:02 AM
That sucks, atleast the dogs alright though

Fixit
01-31-2011, 12:33 AM
yup jasper doesnt seem to mind the stitches, though he does chew off the bandages i wrap his foot in. (c-mon buddy im just trying to help you keep it clean!)

also learned that the penacilin that he's supposed to take with food..... should be taken with food. otherwise it upsets him stomach when i remember mid day
(barf everywhere)

in hindsight, i did see a bunch of bottles in a fire pit and shouda known there might be broken glass everywhere, but you cant second guess yourself all the time.

gmcgilli66
02-02-2011, 01:03 PM
We walk a beach on the Thompson daily. (also party central for local teens ) Sometimes the area literally glitters from all the broken glass. My lab has been lucky but my Britts had all kinds of troubles once their paws had softened from the water. I started cleaning and taping the lacerations myself. Those rolls of adhesive gauze were a real benefit!