PDA

View Full Version : Where to get PEPPERONI made?

Deeboe
01-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey can anyone recommend a great shop for pepperoni? (besides penguin)
I have a all last falls elk trimmings that need to get processed...

Thanks in advance

pnbrock
01-28-2011, 06:24 PM
a k sausage or meats maple ridge.

Whonnock Boy
01-28-2011, 06:38 PM
a k sausage or meats maple ridge.

X2 I usually hang it up for a couple days with a fan on it to dry it up a bit. Then it is perfect.

dutchie
01-28-2011, 07:42 PM
your kitchen...

it is cheep and tastes unreal!

Hi mountian seasoning all the way!

Dutchie

Coast mountain guy
01-28-2011, 07:51 PM
x3 on A&K he does an unreal job. If you got any moose he makes one hell of a landjager. I sent 3/4 of my moose to him this year. His summer sausage is also very good. Haven't found anything bad yet!

Steeleco
01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
your kitchen...

it is cheep and tastes unreal!

Hi mountian seasoning all the way!

Dutchie

It's unreal how easy it can be. But if your not inclined, another great place to consider is Beltrame in Langley just north of the hospital.

BuckEye
01-28-2011, 08:19 PM
A little sidetrack in asking what the minimum amount of meat say "A&K Sausage" or others will do. I have 7 medium vacuum sealed bags (20lbs approx) of nice deer cuttings I would like to have pepperonied too.
Back to topic, A&K Sausage has a number of others who have recommended them in older archived threads.

Weatherby300
01-28-2011, 09:30 PM
I haven't heard of these guys. Do they have a shop/store? Where are they located?

pnbrock
01-28-2011, 09:56 PM
i believe 22030 river rd.604-467-3371 yes there is a retail store

Whonnock Boy
01-28-2011, 11:10 PM
I haven't heard of these guys. Do they have a shop/store? Where are they located?

One thing for sure is before you go, give Victor a call and get a time when he can make some sausage for you. About 5 or 6 weeks before Christmas is his busy time and he will tell you to bring your meat in after the New Year. Right now should not be a problem. He will take fresh or frozen as long as it is completely boneless. I also get him to grind my burger for me. Same thing, give him a heads up about what you have. I drop the meat off in tupperware totes and he gives you a time when to pick it up. Always the end of the day, and no more than two days. My elk with 210 lbs of burger he charged 30 bucks. My final comment is this: The cleanliness of his facility is second to none which is something that is very important to me and the chances of having your meat mixed with someone else's is zero.

A little sidetrack in asking what the minimum amount of meat say "A&K Sausage" or others will do. I have 7 medium vacuum sealed bags (20lbs approx) of nice deer cuttings I would like to have pepperonied too.
Back to topic, A&K Sausage has a number of others who have recommended them in older archived threads.

20 lbs is the minimum.

Deeboe
01-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I might try a and k. I have about 70 lbs of elk trimins that i would like to get done. Much appreciated with all the help everyone!!

Cheers

live-for-the-rut
01-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Rons game cutting in mission,this guy does by far the best pepperoni!!Probably the best in B.C.!!!

bc_buckshot
01-31-2011, 07:31 AM
I went to sumas meats with my deer and got some farmer sausage. I really enjoyed it. And last week I dropped of a bunch of duck meat to pitt meadows meats and got back 24lbs of peppironi from them.It was the frist time.I ever had it and love it.

pse&remington
01-31-2011, 08:52 AM
I ve used Beltrame in Langley as well and they did an awesome job on making bearpperoni and hams!

weatherby_man
01-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Victor at AK is awesome!! However I have heard he isnt taking any game until the end of Feb. Give them a call first. I have about 60lbs of trim waiting to go to him right now.

savagecanuck
01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Rons game cutting in mission,this guy does by far the best pepperoni!!Probably the best in B.C.!!!

I am from Kelowna and there is a place in lake country called Sundowner meats.This is where I get my peperoni made,I would put it up against anyones.I get compliments from everyone when I pull out the sticks of deeroni from sundowner meats.I can't eat the garbage that is sold retail after this peperoni.I have no less than 4 people wanting in on the next batch when hunting season rolls around.I usually get a whole buck done60-70lbs of meat,cost about $200 with pork fat