PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the prettiest place in BC?

BlackwaterHunter
01-27-2011, 08:30 PM
I think the area around mcbride :mrgreen:

ALPINE
01-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I have to agree. I like the Mcbride area.

Moose Guide
01-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Lardeau Valley!!!!

Dannybuoy
01-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Lardeau Valley!!!!
Oh Ya , I was going to say Kaslo

BradB
01-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Quesnel Lake, North Arm. Others may disagree but it's the prettiest place I've been :mrgreen:

Buck
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Halfway River Valley was the last great place but there are to many to list

hillclimber
01-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I haven't seen all that BC has to offer so I can't say a certain area for sure.

Anywhere in the bush where I don't see any other people is just fine.

Gateholio
01-27-2011, 09:08 PM
SO hard to say, as BC is so diverse. I love the coast and the coastal mountains, love the big old mountains of the Rockies, love the desolate, arid Fraser Canyon around Lillooet and into the Cariboo plateau, love the majestic north.....and on and on and on....

One thing abotu BC,it has just about every different climate/land feature a person can ask for in Canada. Except maybe real tundra with permafrost?:-D

.308win
01-27-2011, 09:11 PM
I think the area around mcbride :mrgreen:

McBride is a nice looking area!......If you can see through the water in your eyes from the constant 40mph wind!!:mrgreen::wink:......Seriously though it is nice up arround that area.....including Valemount!! The mountains in the Blue River area are pretty cool to be in as well!!

Perry

Lone Ranger
01-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Lardeau Valley!!!!

I'd have to agree with that too, I love being in the WK's. LR

killman
01-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Vanderhoof.

Deaddog
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
nemiah valley

150fighter
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Gotta go with Kelowna beaches in the summer!!

ufishifish2
01-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Anytime I hike all day for Goats or Sheep and find myself where the air is thin I am rewarded by being in the prettiest place in BC!!

Whonnock Boy
01-27-2011, 09:39 PM
nemiah valley

Yes Deaddog, Nemiah is one of the prettiest places in B.C. I have hiked Nemiah Mt. and Tatlo. Looking down on Chilko Lake from above and you figure out quickly why they call it the Jewel of the North. Down the south end of the lake has some awsome scenery as well.

mark
01-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Gotta go with Kelowna beaches in the summer!!

X2, Kelowna has the most natural beauty hands down! :-D
The kootneys does have some very nice landscape though!

dryflyguy57
01-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Skeena River Valley between Rupert and Cedarvale , to name just one spot .

Spirit's Master
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Right about here or somewhere close to it. Barkley Sound.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt333/SpiritsMaster/Chrow2013.jpg

cwf

250 sav
01-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Azure Lake (wells Gray Park)

Gateholio
01-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Nemiah Valley is wonderful....See? It's so hard. Our lic plates are 100% BEAUTIFUL BC.

I've worked with people from all over the world, for over 20 years and they have a could of things to say about BC.

BEAUTIFUL

SO MUCH PUBLIC LAND

Keep this in mind. What we take for granted, can easily be lost. Keep BC wild and beautiful, and keep it PUBLIC.

All sorts of industry would like to deface BC and restrict public access, it's something we cannot let happen. Many of us would be lost for hunting if we were transported somewhere else and couldn't just pull over on a logging road and start hunting , due to industry or private land restrictions.

.300 R.U.M. Grizzly
01-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Hands down it's has to be Atlin. Very expensive to live though!

pro 111
01-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Hippa Island , and the west coast of moresby Island. Mid July.

Jagermeister
01-27-2011, 11:20 PM
The prettiest place in BC is in the eye of the beholder at that particular moment.
BC has many eye appeal places.

elkhunter1
01-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Everyone has there spot it is all Beautiful.
i can name so many spots,????
Crambrook Spires mountain.Just one.

BromBones
01-27-2011, 11:40 PM
I've hunted, hiked, and fished some wild and remote mountains, rivers, and lakes in northern BC. It's all pretty country and any one place is equally as enjoyable as the next.

My favorite though, is the Spatsizi. You ride your horse through the valley bottoms or hike those 7000 ft peaks, and you just dont ever want to leave. Every outdoorsman owes it to themselves to make a trip in - hike the trails, drift the Spatsizi river, or fly in to Coldfish lake to relax and do some fishing. Try it once & you'll be hooked. And you'll be back. :)

elkdom
01-27-2011, 11:42 PM
it must be?,,, every Wal-Mart parking lot in BC ?,,,,,,,

because THAT is where you find the most American Tourists! :?

Gateholio
01-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Hippa Island , and the west coast of moresby Island. Mid July.

The Queen Charlottes has beauty scenery around ever y corner. Good pick!:-D

gerrygoat
01-28-2011, 12:21 AM
The lower Skeena is real beautiful in particular the Kasiks, Exchamsiks and Gitnadoix rivers especially in May. The Iskut area is special too.

MerrittBow
01-28-2011, 12:29 AM
yak peak...you can see all the way to the coast pretty much....sooo nice up there...or loadstone mountain

thompson steel
01-28-2011, 12:37 AM
hard to beat the northern coast islands

GoatGuy
01-28-2011, 01:05 AM
I've hunted, hiked, and fished some wild and remote mountains, rivers, and lakes in northern BC. It's all pretty country and any one place is equally as enjoyable as the next.

My favorite though, is the Spatsizi. You ride your horse through the valley bottoms or hike those 7000 ft peaks, and you just dont ever want to leave. Every outdoorsman owes it to themselves to make a trip in - hike the trails, drift the Spatsizi river, or fly in to Coldfish lake to relax and do some fishing. Try it once & you'll be hooked. And you'll be back. :)

Jus gotta get an effin draw if you want to hunt it as well.

hunter1947
01-28-2011, 04:51 AM
I go with Cranbrook area.

mcrae
01-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Any alpine ridge in BC at sunrise works for me

bearslayer01
01-28-2011, 08:11 AM
kootneys is by faR

moosinaround
01-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Vanderhoof.
Actually Killman the Nechako Valley is a very pretty place in the fall. I also like the area north of Ft Fraser around Ormand lake, and Francois Lake's shores are pretty in the fall as well!

Pesika Mtn, Deserters peak up the Wiliston is nice. Akie Valley, upper Paul, and the Kwadacha are nice too!!

I do like to head up into the Messinka/ParsnipHominka area or the Tumuch/Slim valleys every year. Very nice in the spring.

The ICH BEC Zone east of Prince George is nice, and then up into the pass lake/Torpy area.

Lots of nice areas in BC!!

Oh don't forget any of the Bulkley valley, South and North Tweedsmuir park......Whew it Sucks to live in BC......................NOT!!!! Moosin

moose2
01-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Many of the areas I have hunted are beautiful A few that come to mind would be the upper Muskwa, Redfern area and the Sikanni river area (below)
Mike

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Sikanni_Chief_River.jpg

bearheart
01-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Yes Deaddog, Nemiah is one of the prettiest places in B.C. I have hiked Nemiah Mt. and Tatlo. Looking down on Chilko Lake from above and you figure out quickly why they call it the Jewel of the North. Down the south end of the lake has some awsome scenery as well.

Haven't been there in more than 20 years but ChilKo Lake is the only view I've seen that actually hurts to look at it's so beautiful.Camped there one july and had snow in the skillet at breakfast. Sat with our backs to the lake and would look back from time to time to soak in the majesty.The Nemiah Valley was like going back 100yrs with people in horse drown wagons on the road.
Oh yeah , any mountain with sheep on it has to be on the list also:wink:

bcyukonair
01-28-2011, 09:52 AM
High Tuya Lake, Level Mountain, Lower Turnagain river.

CanuckShooter
01-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Prince George gets my vote, just pull over up by the jail and take in the view!!! Especially at night, with all the lights on!!! The view from that spot just takes your breath away!!:-D

MB_Boy
01-28-2011, 10:09 AM
For me....the northwest coast of Vancouver Island around Kyuquot is pretty darn scenic.

My other choice.....although I haven't been there is the "zippermouth mountain ranges" where the awesome pictures are posted of by the guys chasing Stone's. I think that is some awesome, spectacular country that one day I really want to see.

Coast mountain guy
01-28-2011, 10:27 AM
On any mountain top in BC when the sun is shining and the fog level is a thousand feet below you and your laughing at everyone on the bottom that's looking out there window thinking it's too ugly to go outside!!!

dedapair
01-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Toss up, Trout lake or the Charlottes when the sun is shining

bearhunter338-06
01-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I would have to say a little place on the island called Poets Nook. It was the last place I ever fished for salmon with my dad and grandfather.

longrifle
01-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I will start off with the Muncho Lake area, incredible to say the least, the river valley around Taylor...and end with, well, there are so many spots and types of geography, lets just say BC, sans Prince George and the lmd!!:mrgreen:

'rifle

sparky300winmag
01-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I was born and raised on Van Isle and love the ocean and the coast, but i live and hunt in the EK and the mountains are spectacular as well as the hunting and i've been hunting in most of the province.

Bow Walker
01-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I can't pick just one place! It's not fair having to narrow it down like that.

I'm going with the whole province. Best one outta the bunch. BC has everything anyone could possibly want.

hillclimber
01-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Many of the areas I have hunted are beautiful A few that come to mind would be the upper Muskwa, Redfern area and the Sikanni river area (below)
Mike

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Sikanni_Chief_River.jpg

Mike did you take this picture or find it on google? It was my desktop background for about 6 months. GREAT PIC!

ROEBUCK
01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Nemiah Valley is wonderful....See? It's so hard. Our lic plates are 100% BEAUTIFUL BC.

I've worked with people from all over the world, for over 20 years and they have a could of things to say about BC.

BEAUTIFUL

SO MUCH PUBLIC LAND

Keep this in mind. What we take for granted, can easily be lost. Keep BC wild and beautiful, and keep it PUBLIC.

All sorts of industry would like to deface BC and restrict public access, it's something we cannot let happen. Many of us would be lost for hunting if we were transported somewhere else and couldn't just pull over on a logging road and start hunting , due to industry or private land restrictions.

very true !!

moosinaround
01-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Prince George gets my vote, just pull over up by the jail and take in the view!!! Especially at night, with all the lights on!!! The view from that spot just takes your breath away!!:-D
That was my steam generating those lights mister!!:wink:

moose2
01-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Mike did you take this picture or find it on google? It was my desktop background for about 6 months. GREAT PIC!

Its from google , I used this one because it sums up the areas I talked about nicely. I have a bad habit of walking by these areas without taking enough pictures.
Mike

From the Muskwa
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/muskwa_elk.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=18908&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=13763)

hellojello74
01-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Princess Louisa inlet! and desolation sound is pretty sweet, the north country, all but the flats that is.

BlackwaterHunter
01-28-2011, 03:10 PM
If I knew how to put pictures from my computer onto this thread I would enlarge my avatar picture, this was taken about 6km east of mcbride :D

01-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Right about here or somewhere close to it. Barkley Sound.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt333/SpiritsMaster/Chrow2013.jpg

cwf

Looks like the East side of Chrow Island.

That is such a big question. As i think there are too many places in BC to be. And so many seasons to do it in.

Spring= WCVI Cutties on the river and the Cowichan River for Browns
Summer= Elk river Wigwam river WCVI off shore
Fall= Way too large a choice but if i had to? I'm really liking East of Creston
Winter= pretty nice in the snow up Gordon.

But I really Envy you guys that live way East and your rivers out there.
Elk, Wig Wam, Fording Bull st marys ahhhhh got go.

hillclimber
01-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Its from google , I used this one because it sums up the areas I talked about nicely. I have a bad habit of walking by these areas without taking enough pictures.
Mike

From the Muskwa
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/muskwa_elk.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=18908&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=13763)

Last few years I've made sure I always have a camera when in the bush. Some very good photo opportunities. It has come in handy dozens of times!

hillclimber
01-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Here's ONE of my favourite places

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/bc_place.jpg

ttruscott
01-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Atlin Llake!

Alpine Addict
01-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Any place with good horse feed and mountains with sheep on em.

BlackwaterHunter
01-28-2011, 04:30 PM
would you mind sharing where that beautiful waterfall is :D

hillclimber
01-28-2011, 05:36 PM
If your talking about the one I posted, sorry but your gonna have to find it yourself:-D Definately not gonna share where it is. Especially on the internet where anyone can see. Hell I went there during the summer and someone else was there, talk about total shock!!!

BlackwaterHunter
01-28-2011, 05:49 PM
PM maybe?? :D

MIL720
01-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Azure Lake (wells Gray Park)
x2 on Azure Lake...

Kudu
01-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Surrey?

Just about anywhere on the skeena works for me..........

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/SKEENA-1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/Gogga2/skeena.jpg

Marlin375
01-28-2011, 06:22 PM
After thinking about this for awhile, I am thinking I need to see more to come to a decision. I have seen most of the Province by land and my share of the coast from Point Roberts to Alaska. Then I hit this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_settlements_in_British_Columbia
and I am back to zero.....almost every one on the list has a "pretty spot" hell this whole province could be a park!

32-40win
01-28-2011, 07:56 PM
That really is an unfair question. Tatla Lake /Tatlayoko lake area, Flying Vcr to QC islands on a nice clear day. West side of Charlottes. Looking out west from Dog Creek over Fraser. Up thru Douglas lake ranch area. Hwy 24 before they built Hwy 24. Bella Coola hill.
Far too many good spots. I always thought it was nice of BC to lend Alberta some mountains. Icefield Parkway, Elk Crk, Yaha Tinda, Oldman headwaters,
Carbondale River valley back to the Flathead.

Big Pops
01-28-2011, 08:37 PM
havent been around much but... where i have been i like up around kelowna/okanagan and the worst place in BC is the big city!
Hillclimber, you get some nice fish out of that pool? looks freaking amazing, i want to find a place like that.

AT&T
01-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Oh Ya , I was going to say Kaslo

I am going to say dont spread it around. Duh

Jelvis
01-28-2011, 09:02 PM
North Thompson Valley from Kamloops Lake up to McBride is the most beauty area to please the mind of out doors people hands down.
Jel ( a proud North Thompson Valley family ) The best place of beauty in BC Bar None bone heads lol ..

gamehunter6o
01-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Stewart and Stewart Creek as both were named after me.:lol:
Note, I am putting rubbish in the bin, not taking "goodies" out.

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq225/mossoprd/Canada2009052.jpg

swampthing
01-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Yalokom river alpine country. Pure beauty.

hotload
01-29-2011, 06:44 PM
FLYFISHING THE BEAUTIFUL STELLAKO RIVER, when the

May's, Caddis, and the Yellow Stone's are coming off.

islander338
01-29-2011, 08:58 PM
As soon as I stop saying this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen I will let you know.

Will
01-29-2011, 11:32 PM
As soon as I stop saying this is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen I will let you know.
X2 !

Best reply yet ! :cool:

REMINGTON JIM
01-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Someone earlier said Vanderhoof ? but i noticed he was from Prince George -nearly the uglyist and stinkist place in bc so it would very pretty to him ! LOL :-D

timberhunter
01-30-2011, 10:13 AM
After spending most of my life on the island. Which has many beautiful spots. But the rain rain rain has driven me away.

Now my first choice is anywhere from Kamloops to 100 mile and up to lac la hache.
Every day I look outside and its not raining and the sun is out the snow sparkles. Yup this is home.

rifleman
01-30-2011, 10:24 AM
where ever I am hunting or fishing at the time. B.C. is the prettiest place

goatdancer
01-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Haven't found it yet. So much left to explore. Probably will never find the prettiest place in BC. Too much to see. Each time out there is another awesome view. We are indeed fortunate to live in such beautiful province.

CanuckShooter
01-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Someone earlier said Vanderhoof ? but i noticed he was from Prince George -nearly the uglyist and stinkist place in bc so it would very pretty to him ! LOL :-D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!! I'd rate PG a lot higher than Surrey, New West, Vancouver and a whole host of urban cess pools. Prince George is a beautiful place if you take the time to look beyond the decrepit downtown and the industry. PG has two major rivers [lots of fresh water], lakes, most species of wildlife, a university, art gallery.....

BCRiverBoater
01-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Hands down. Condill Hotel!

sledforever
01-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!! I'd rate PG a lot higher than Surrey, New West, Vancouver and a whole host of urban cess pools. Prince George is a beautiful place if you take the time to look beyond the decrepit downtown and the industry. PG has two major rivers [lots of fresh water], lakes, most species of wildlife, a university, art gallery.....
haha ya but it takes a fair bit to look away from the downtown. its gross

Flingin' Sticks
01-30-2011, 10:26 PM
I haven't seen nearly enough yet, but so far I've found two places that, without fail, take my breath away every time I go.

1) Head down Heckman's pass (the Hill)...just about everything west until you hit water, and then some more beyond that.

2) Mt. Robson-I don't care that it's a granola haven...I absolutely love that place.

Jagermeister
01-30-2011, 11:05 PM
The place that intriged me and was a gorgeous sight too had to be the confluence of the Wood and Canoe Rivers with the Columbia River. The original Kimbasket Lake was quite the sight too. These areas were only accessible after the snow had melted off, usually in June and once again the Big Bend road would become passable again. The confluence had historic value too, there was a cairn erected there commemorating the passing of Hudson Bay furtraders. Gone forever unless a dam breaks or you visit the images at the BC Archives.

troutseeker
01-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Nymph falls, Comox Valley.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-31-2011, 07:19 AM
The place that intriged me and was a gorgeous sight too had to be the confluence of the Wood and Canoe Rivers with the Columbia River. The original Kimbasket Lake was quite the sight too. These areas were only accessible after the snow had melted off, usually in June and once again the Big Bend road would become passable again. The confluence had historic value too, there was a cairn erected there commemorating the passing of Hudson Bay furtraders. Gone forever unless a dam breaks or you visit the images at the BC Archives.

My uncle trapped that area for many, many years. His original cabin was flooded out when they filled Mica dam so he rebuilt on higher ground near Red Rock.
Cool and remote country.

While I've seen lots of awesome places in BC, there are still so many more corners of the province yet to explore. That's probably the main reason I don't have much urge to travel outside this province. So many places....... so little time.

Of my travels so far, I'd have to pick some corners of 6-28. Spectacular and intimidating country!

SSS

moosinaround
01-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Peeg is an ugly stinky town, so stay away, don't eat the moose from up here it tastes like $hit!!!:wink: Moosin

PS, tell yer friends too!!

gibblewabble
01-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Too many places to name just one, its BC you know the best place on earth. I have had many job offers in AB but I have never been able to justify leaving this province, its just too beautiful everywhere (except the big cities).

Bear Chaser
01-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Hands down. Condill Hotel!

Definitely seen some interesting sights in there; not all of them were pretty!:cry:

Spirit's Master
02-01-2011, 08:40 AM
[quote=835;843805]Looks like the East side of Chrow Island.

You hit it right on 835. The day that photo was taken was one of my best days ever.

cwf

island grown
02-01-2011, 08:49 AM
I would have to say Bamfield and all of Barkley Sound.

valleyHunter
03-26-2011, 09:44 AM
I have to agree with gatehouse on this one, its so diverse its hard to pick one place

Rugernator
03-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I would have to go with the rockies.. Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake etc etc.. Very beautiful.

Thor Rider 88
03-26-2011, 12:46 PM
the monashees gets my vote, galloping hills ( scaia) thats amazing country

Darksith
03-26-2011, 03:32 PM
The Queen Charolette Islands.

303carbine
03-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Where the deer are........

leftfield
05-30-2015, 11:58 AM
It would be great to see this thread keep going, a little more picture heavy though

nature girl
05-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Every place I hunt is beautifull to me.

ACB
05-30-2015, 07:35 PM
The whole province. From the bottom to the top, from west to east. But there's not much I would want to live in full time. What's beautiful in september not so much in december. Like I said a yak of time's "it's a great and beautiful place but I would never F***** live there. Don"t like it when winter doesn't go away after a couple weeks, not lasting 5 or 6 months. LOL!

BowRunner
09-14-2020, 04:55 PM
I decided to try one of the places in this thread - WKs. Yup...very pretty. But went somewhere else to bag the game.

Retiredguy
09-14-2020, 07:30 PM
No way I could pick one single spot in BC that is the most gorgeous...there are just too many absolutely spectacular places I have been in this province.

MRP
09-14-2020, 08:34 PM
Its always just around corner where you haven't before.

Dour
09-14-2020, 09:06 PM
New Westminster pier used to be amazing at sunset. I used to watch the sturgeon jump.

Frango
09-15-2020, 09:43 AM
Vancouver downtown east side,buy only on welfare Wednesday. Ok bad joke .BC is all nice too nice to pick one place.

beadblaster
09-15-2020, 11:33 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8052&stc=1 Duncan dam area. Spectacular views from lavina