PDA

View Full Version : Cluxewe Trip

SavageShooter
01-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Good Day, I am thinking of planning a family camping trip to the Cluxewe Resort this summer (near Port McNeil and Port Hardy).

If anyone knows this area can you PM me. Is it a good camping resort?
I am planning for late August, is there much fishing that can be done from shore or small boat?
Is there any crabbing locally? If I do take a boat it will only be a little 12 footer so I couldn't venture too far.

Thanks for any input.

SS

naes
01-27-2011, 05:55 PM
I was up there at the beginning of September two years ago. Campground is nice and they do have good small cabins as well.
We did most of our fishing in Prince rupert inlet on the west side but there were lots of guys fishing and crabbing right at the resort. There is a boat ramp right there and that size boat should be fine.

I would go back it was a great trip with lots of different fishing options close by.

Sitkaspruce
01-27-2011, 06:52 PM
PM sent

Cheers

SS

tomahawk
01-27-2011, 10:02 PM
PM sent................

Johnnybear
01-28-2011, 01:33 AM
I have been there before many moons ago and it was great for everything. They have build cabins awhile ago that are very comfortable. The shore fishing was good when I went and if you have a boat even better for halibut and other bottom fish.

01-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I hear beach fishing for pinks can be awesome there. Make reservations maybe? 12' tin boat will get you crab and river mouth for halies'.

This is what i've herd, as well as it is a really nice place.

Sitkaspruce
01-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Pm's are great but really could you let other British Columbian's or even further Canadians (that look at this site) know your thought's about this place?

I have been there before many moons ago and it was great for everything. They have build cabins awhile ago that are very comfortable. The shore fishing was good when I went and if you have a boat even better for halibut and other bottom fish.

But JB, it is such a little jewel, we do not want others from BC to come up here and catch OUR fish and crabs, then take them back.

IT WOULD BE A SLAUGHTER!!!!!:mrgreen::wink::wink:

Cheers

SS

Lots'oLabs
01-28-2011, 10:47 AM
We've spent several vacations there and it remains one of our favorite places. Pinks in Aug. on alternating years and Coho in September.

Reservations are reccomended, especially if you want a site with power.

Also a great lagoon for a little dog training.:-D

Deb

Mr. Dean
01-31-2011, 01:33 AM
I met up w/ friends there for a weekend, while we were bear hunting... FANTASTIC site.

Trapper D
01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
was up there last summer, good fishing, hallies caught just off shore, small aluminum is good enough on calm days only, the shared freezers they have have been robbed of fish, might want to think twice about storing your fish in them. other than that the fishing is very good there, excellent crab fishing in port mcniel bay, big suckers, and lots of them. if your into whales go to malcolm island, on the north side park. there a little known steep sloped beach ,where the whales rub on the rocks. good luck, reserve early, that campsite fills up early