PDA

View Full Version : Dan Bailey waders?

01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
They have poped up on my radar a couple times. Reviews have been really good. Does any body have them? Know where to get them on the Island?
They are supposed to be up in the Simms and Bare bracket

My Reddingtons blew in 2 seasons. Hard use but still. Looking fer new ones.

doubled
01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
I am looking at these right now too. My buddy has them and look good. Good material, good zipper, just need some feedback from people that have used them for a while.

01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
How long has your buddy had them?
Does he bush bash? Me'n my wife do alot of bush bash fishing. Beats the crap out of waders.

doubled
01-26-2011, 06:33 AM
He has only had them for a couple of years but he does bush bash. Uses them mostly for river fishing. I am more concerned about the zipper lasting than anything else as it looks like good stuff.

darrin6109
01-26-2011, 08:13 AM
I have a pair and think that they are awesome! I picked them up at Riverside Fly and tackle.

01-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Emailed Dan bailley for their Distributer list. And got three places in Greater Van. man that is a long way to go to try on a pair!

Thing is, When i looked
DB no complaints = how is their warrentee?
Blackwaters = a number of complaints but great warentee service
Simms= in the middle, not as many complaints but slightly less service then Bare.

Then there is Coldveil?

Kudu
01-26-2011, 09:56 AM
For what its worth - buy Orvis waders - they have the best warranty in the industry.

I have blown through Simms, Black Water - you name it, in twenty years of fly fishing fresh and salt water on five continents.

The Orvis pro guides are as tough as nails and do exactly what they say on the box.

I don't care what waders you buy - they will all eventually leak - with Orvis you simply box them up, send them in, and get a new pair within days.

01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't care what waders you buy - they will all eventually leak - with Orvis you simply box them up, send them in, and get a new pair within days.

That sounds pretty good! Kind like Scotty downriggers
And you are right..... they will all leak!

knockturnal
01-27-2011, 06:56 PM
i have 2 pairs of them. Got them on the Dean when i worked there. That was in 2002. I used them both last year while fishing in Bella Coola for a week and they still dont leak. If i ever need another pair, ill get those again.

goatdancer
01-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Do you know if Seatux still makes waders? They're on the island. They used to make an awesome product.

01-28-2011, 09:18 AM
wholly that is taking me back. I havent herd of them for years. They were the big thing on the Stamp 10 years ago. If you wore them you knew your stuff!! :)

No i dont know!