PDA

View Full Version : Alumaweld jetboats?

Tuffcity
01-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Anybody know anything/have an opinion on Alumaweld jetboats (Oregon)? Looking at the 20' stryker with a 200 sportjet. h ttp://www.alumaweldboats.com/new_vehicle_features.asp?veh=154286&CatDesc=Boats#detail (http://www.alumaweldboats.com/new_vehicle_features.asp?veh=154286&CatDesc=Boats#detail)

RC

rburm
01-22-2011, 08:38 PM
buy used from the US some amazing deals, especially with our dollar right now. no point in buying new, when you can easily find a low hour used with all the bells and whistles.

in answer to your original question, i have no opinion on the alumaweld

Ride Red
01-22-2011, 08:46 PM
I have a few buddies with different types of jet boats. One of them owned an Alumaweld 22' Intruder for a couple of years. It was comfortable enough to fish from, but road like a tank on even the smallest riffles. Obviously if you can get it cheap enough and your happy, buy it. Always test drive what your looking to buy. If they won't let you try it, don't buy it.

Riverratz
01-22-2011, 09:12 PM
I think they are a decent boat, well built, but any I've seen tended to be very heavy. Lots of "bling" which seems to be what many of the US manufacturers lean toward......market demand I guess. Big US boat manufacturers don't build boats exclusively made for BC rivers.

If hunting northern rivers is your primary objective though, give serious consideration to the boats that most use. In no particular order; Outlaw, Shuman, Alicraft, and a few others......built by people who use them in the north, tried and true, built BC River tough. You won't be sorry.

dryflyguy57
01-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Just purchased a Fish Rite 19 foot Stalker with an Extreme 2 stage jet out of Medford Oregon . Well built and strong enough for me .Used mostly on the Skeena and tribs with some salt water use . Great deals down there right now compared to buying in B C . Firefish , Outlaw etc are great boats but you are going to pay . Keep checking their web pages and Craigslist . Portland seemed to be a hotspot for jet boats .

bulldown300
01-24-2011, 09:56 AM
All depends on what your going to use it for! Big water, lakes, ocean, fraser, that boat would be fine. If your thinking about a little skinnier water, hunting up north ect.. i think you would be disapointed. Do lots of homework!!!!! Outlaw Eagle forum is a great place to get info.

white moose
01-24-2011, 11:41 PM
I own a firefish hammerhead and am very happy. Paid good money, but a quality boat. Built in canada and bought. Gotta hate that hst.

Cariboo Game Calls
01-25-2011, 06:59 AM
I've owned 5 different jetboats, 2 Smokercraft outboards 16 & 18 ft, 2 - 22 ft Outlaws with 460 Fords and the last one being a homebuilt created with an unfinished Harborcraft hull picked up at Ritchie Bros Auctions, a new GM HT-383 Stroker engine, and a Hamilton Jet.

While I wouldn't part with my homebuilt that gets up fast under load, can cruise at 2200 RPM, and is relatively easy on fuel, I highly recommend the Outlaw boat hulls. The ones I owned were very well made and were tough as nails.

I've never owned a sport-jet and heard they are pretty decent boats but that they won't lift the heavy loads that the V-8's will. My personal preference will always be for the V-8 torque.

Good luck with your purchase, buy Canadian if possible and stay away from the can openers.

wos
01-25-2011, 08:35 AM
You will only truly come to appreciate the benefits of a Sportjet after its hi and dry and the closest water that will float it is still 10' away. Two people can usually mussel a boat that size off a bar without to much trouble.