PDA

View Full Version : Once last shot at ducks this season!

naes
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Field Marshall called the other night and my sister in law was able to pick up my son from Preschool so I got one more shot at ducks this season.
I met Kyle Klassen and Field Marshall at 10:15 and we loaded up and headed to a new spot for me. Its a nice spot that usually has a lot of standing water and holds a lot of ducks.
We built up some new blinds as Field Marshall laid out the decoys soon we were ready to shoot. This spot is not open like the field we usually hunt which makes things interesting as the ducks seem to come out of no where. And they sure seemed to be flying fast. Field Marshall guided us to a good haul of ducks :-D Can you spot the the bird in the picture that is not a duck... I flushed it while scouting the area..
Thanks Feild Marshall and Kyle for a fun day. Looking forward to goose season.
Cheers
http://usera.ImageCave.com/seanthompson/Ducks Jan 19 2011 Small.jpg

yamadirt 426
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
chicken ? cant see it lol

01-20-2011, 09:12 AM
gonna be a phesant somewhere in there i bet

Dude on the right, in his right hand, the furthest bird to the left. The only bird that you get the full brest shot of in his right hand.

naes
01-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Nope not a phesant they are not in season. Look in my pocket. A little a hard to see.

Buck TraX
01-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Maybe a turkey vulture??? I have no idea though!!!

01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Nope not a phesant they are not in season. Look in my pocket. A little a hard to see.

Right silly me, i just looked at the ground and it looked Phesanty

Cant see your pocket, oh ya which one are ya !

warnniklz
01-20-2011, 02:50 PM
it's a rabbit

naes
01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Ok enough fun. Its a snipe. I had seen some a month ago in the area and heard that some people hunt them so when I flushed this guy yesterday I nailed him. Not a lot to him but I'm told they taste good.
There is even a web site devoted to them.
http://www.thesnipehunter.com/

01-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I dont know the truth to this, I think it could be right.

Aparently that is how Snipers got the name. People who hunted Snipe were considered a good shot due to the speed and small size of the bird.
They were considered the elite of shooters.

Ive held back a few times on thoes little buggers on the slow days,,, barely

naes
01-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I dont know the truth to this, I think it could be right.

Aparently that is how Snipers got the name. People who hunted Snipe were considered a good shot due to the speed and small size of the bird.
They were considered the elite of shooters.

Ive held back a few times on thoes little buggers on the slow days,,, barely

Must have been luck then :wink:

kyleklassen
01-20-2011, 07:24 PM
i'm sure it was marksmanship.being in the heavy cover and using #4 in a duck gun like that.......thanks for the great day guys....looking forward to the next one....k.k....

porcupine
01-21-2011, 12:02 AM
I've shot and eaten snipe and it is good. There used to be good numbers of them at Cow Bay, but I haven't hunted there in years so don't know if it's a good spot to hunt them still. #7 steel works well on them.

Kyle84
01-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Hahaha NIce! I've got a couple snipe before. Nice handful of bounty!