PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Island bunny huggers possibly at fault for dwindling songbirds--good read!

SHACK
01-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Globe and mail, todays paper!! Good read!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/mark-hume/examining-the-high-environmental-costs-of-protecting-bambi/article1872391/

Mr. Dean
01-18-2011, 02:06 AM
The deer bucket on the gulf islands has been over flowing for some time now..... It's not rocket science that ecosystems will collapse.

CanuckShooter
01-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Sounds like time for a wolf transplant?? Coyote would probably do the trick too...:-D

fearnodeer
01-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Open the islands up long enough to reduce the population then close it again, i would hate to see us intruduce an animal that doesn't belong there just to have a problem with it.

Chuck
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Geez....I thought it was common knowledge that wherever humans reside, or even visit for that matter (Antarctic et al), that something or other is impacted adversely.

I chuckle when I see a television program about adventurers exploring some far north wilderness park, and advocating how they'd like to see it kept that way. Hello! Anybody at home!

steel_ram
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I know a few "hippies" over there that have no problem with hunting. Unfortunately it's been the huge influx of urban, rural wanabes that have bought up the land, and built their own little fantasy kingdoms.

NaStY
01-18-2011, 09:02 PM
I know a few "hippies" over there that have no problem with hunting. Unfortunately it's been the huge influx of urban, rural wanabes that have bought up the land, and built their own little fantasy kingdoms.

And there meat doesnt come from dead animals, it comes from the super market :roll:

BlacktailStalker
01-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Opening deer season in september would surely interfere with their cultivation of marijuana, I cant see it happening.
Maybe that bird eating deer video was filmed there, it was posted a while ago...
Yep thats it, the deer are eating the pot plants, getting the munchies and in turn eating the birds!