PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a new APA Mamba xl 36 in 50lbs!!

BlackwaterHunter
01-17-2011, 10:54 PM
now too see if I can survive the wait till it comes in the mail:mrgreen:

Bowzone_Mikey
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM
now too see if I can survive the wait till it comes in the mail:mrgreen:

Nice Bow .... Friend of mine is an APA dealer ... almost had me talked into one

I know what yer talking about ... I am waiting for a new bow as well ... probally gonna be close to 3 or 4 week wait

Bow Walker
01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Ahhh, the anticipation. The sleepless nights. The tracking via the internet. The under the breath cursing, wondering what is taking sooo long.

Most of us have been there and gone through it. Doesn't make it any easier though. Remember to post up some pics when you get your prize. Let us know how you trick it out.

BlackwaterHunter
01-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Will do, and im still not sure what sight I should get but i think a cbe sniper or somethign along those lines

Stéphane
01-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Ahhh, the anticipation. The sleepless nights. The tracking via the internet. The under the breath cursing, wondering what is taking sooo long.

Most of us have been there and gone through it. Doesn't make it any easier though. Remember to post up some pics when you get your prize. Let us know how you trick it out.

I know that feeling. I was there a month ago. Congrats on your new bow. There's literally hours of fun coming your way.

BlackwaterHunter
01-18-2011, 08:53 PM
And im gettign it in vanish hybrid with the twister cd rest :D

BowSitter
01-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Nice bow! I know how you are feeling as I am waiting for a new to me trap gun!!:-D

BiG Boar
01-21-2011, 09:15 AM
My new compound is arriving Wednesday. The arrows shouldn't be too far behind. Coming out of the states, can't believe how much cheaper they are there. I feel as though I stole this bow.

BlackwaterHunter
01-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Well I ordered straight from apa and they cut me a deal on a twister cd rest.

BlackwaterHunter
01-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Are you getting the mamba xl 36 also?? if so when you get it put some pics up i wanna see it, the pic on there site isnt to good, and mines coming in two weeks already set to fit me and everything, very happy with there service

Bow Walker
01-21-2011, 06:41 PM
You're gonna love the Twister drop-away rest. I've got two and I love them both. One on my target bow and the other on my hunting bow.

BlackwaterHunter
01-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I really hope i will, first comp ever.. couldnt stand the longbow anymore

Bow Walker
01-22-2011, 11:27 AM
Give us a look at it in "real life" when it arrives. I hope they set up the rest for center-shot and height for you before they ship it. If not, don't worry, it's easy to set up and/or adjust.

BlackwaterHunter
01-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Will do :D and yes i am fairly sure they are tuning it and everything before they ship it, when they found out im a J.O.P. shooter they offered to do alot of that work

Bow Walker
01-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Good on them!

Vader
01-22-2011, 03:38 PM
If you are buying complete setup they usually set it all up. Not items in separate boxes and god bless you.
I have an 09 Boa and love the thing. Not upgrading anytime soon, there is no need to. Starting to see a few more on the 3D circuit. 9 shoots last year I saw a total of 5 others.
Enjoy!

BlackwaterHunter
01-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Ya :D sometimes being young has it advantages :D

BlackwaterHunter
01-22-2011, 03:39 PM
No im just buying it with the twister cd

BlackwaterHunter
01-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Any tips on what sight I should buy? preferably below 120 and good for hunting and 3d.

knockturnal
01-29-2011, 02:56 PM
whered you get it from?

BlackwaterHunter
01-29-2011, 05:03 PM
i bought it straight from apa

Bow Walker
01-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Any tips on what sight I should buy? preferably below 120 and good for hunting and 3d.
I really like two company's products. Spot Hogg and Trophy Ridge. You can't go wrong with any sight from either of them. I use and like the Spot Hogg Real Deal and the Trophy Ridge Alpha V-5.

Hope this helps you.

BlackwaterHunter
01-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks, have you heard any good things about the CBE sniper or sniper pro?

Bow Walker
01-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I just went to their website and had a look. Never had one in my hands - but, having looked at both sights, I'd go with the Sniper Pro.

Having said the above, I'm pretty sure that I'd still stick with the two that I mention earlier. Let's have a quick comparison.

CBE Sniper - $130.00 (4 steel pins .019)

CBE Sniper Pro - $170.00 (4 pins .019, sight light, micro windage adjust)

Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-It - $155.00 (5 pins .019, 2nd and 3rd axis leveling, steel reference wire and sight level, very easy adjust on sight pins) (Real Deal $110.00 add a wrap kit w/ light and it all costs $190.00)

Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V5 - $150.00 (sight light included, 5 pin vertical alignment, micro adjust windage and elevation adjustment, steel pins)

I have found, through experience, that micro adjust is (for me) a waste of money. Once the windage and elevation are set through the sighting-in process you don't have to (or want to) move them again.

The pin adjustability on both the Spot Hogg and the Trophy Ridge is far stronger and more stable than on the CBEs.

The vertical steel reference wire on the Spot Hogg sights makes it a snap to set (and keep) all the pins in the same vertical alignment - eliminating windage errors. Same with the Trophy Ridge setup - although that one is in a vertical alignment.

Another big drawback (to me) is the fact that the CBE fiber optics are only about 4" long by the look of it. I'd be replacing and upgrading the fiber optic threads before even mounting it on my bow, much less hunting with that sight for sure!

There ya go - and remember all this is just my opinion(s).

BlackwaterHunter
01-30-2011, 01:14 PM
I just went and had a look at the spot hogg and the trophy ridge, I like the looks of the spot hogg much more and It just overall seems better, I think thats what ill go for, if you wanted to know how im setting up my bow ( it will be here in 2 or 3 days :D ) I have the twister cd, doinker 11.5 stabilzer, and now the spot hoggm and a scott mongoose for the release.

BlackwaterHunter
01-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Where did you find a hunter hogg it sight for 155 bucks?

Bow Walker
01-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Many people can't get used to the vertical pin alignment of the Trophy Ridge sights - or they just don't want to. Personally I like it better than the horizontal pins, but that's just me.

IMHO, you cannot go wrong with any Spot Hogg sight. They are built tough! I'd suggest adding the wrap kit as it adds a light plus it protects the fiber optic threads.

PM about the place to buy on it's way to you.

The Silent Stalker
01-31-2011, 01:37 PM
I have a new bear Attack in the mail rite now! Its hard to sleep when you're waiting. I was cursing the weekend cause it doesn't count as a day in the mail! Unfortunately I had to order through the states, so I spent an extra $75 just to see it in a week! hopefully in 2 - 3 days now......

BlackwaterHunter
01-31-2011, 07:56 PM
Ya same mine should be here today or tomorrow :D but the equipment for the bow might take anthoer 3 weeks ARGG!