PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant hunting in Kansas

bogman
01-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Just returned from a few days hunting pheasants in Goodlands Kansas. All I can say is WOW:-D After many years in BC hunting release birds around the lowermainland this was a hunt of a life time. I hunted with 4 of the guests of our fishing lodge here in BC and while we shot limits all 3 days and saw probably close to 250 300 birds a day (roosters and hens) they said it was the 3 poorest days they had seen this year. I would take 10 % of their poorest days any time here in BC. It was interesting to see the different methods of pushing and blocking different fields to get the massive explosions of birds in the corners of the fields. I have been invited back to shoot the opener next Nov, and am not sure I will sleep till then. If you ever get an opportunity to go south to shoot don't pass it up , as I said before, A hunt of a lifetime.

1/2 slam
01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
That sounds awesome. I'm looking a a week to 10 days down in the USA this fall with my dogs. Kansas, Oklahoma South Dakota and Montana

Buck
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Wild Pheasants are great.I spent a week in Montana had a blast.

rburm
01-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Sounds awesome!!! 2011 will be my third year heading to S. Dakota for a week. Always epic bird numbers.

branthunter
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Bog: Were you hunting with a pheasant outfitter?

bogman
01-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Bog: Were you hunting with a pheasant outfitter?

No, I was hunting with some guys that come up to the Lodge with us for the last 8 years. They have been trying to get me to come down pheasant hunting since I met them up there. They are just private guys with a $h!t load of access.