PDA

View Full Version : Mud Bogs

BromBones
01-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Put together a HL some of my video from a mug bog event from Sept, held at the local Rod & Gun club.

The grey/red 97 Ram you see a few times is mine. I also did the suspension and diff work in the two other Dodge trucks, a black single cab and a green ext cab.

mark
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Love that footage! Brings back some awesome memories of my younger days!
We used to run a very similar event in 100 mile house years ago!
I used to run a 78 f-250 on 38.5 gumbo'z similar to the green one seen a couple times in yer vid!
I took the first place trophy one year at that event!
Good ol times for sure!

BromBones
01-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Love that footage! Brings back some awesome memories of my younger days!
We used to run a very similar event in 100 mile house years ago!
I used to run a 78 f-250 on 38.5 gumbo'z similar to the green one seen a couple times in yer vid!
I took the first place trophy one year at that event!
Good ol times for sure!

Funny. That green Ford actually posted the fastest time, under 7 seconds - powered by a 429 (I think) and 38.5'' boggers. No one could touch him for speed. He broke a front driveshaft at the end of day 1 though.

mark
01-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Funny. That green Ford actually posted the fastest time, under 7 seconds - powered by a 429 (I think) and 38.5'' boggers. No one could touch him for speed. He broke a front driveshaft at the end of day 1 though.

Those were good ol trucks!
I used to buy 6 packs of U-joints, tough to spin dana 60 posi's front and back!

Buck TraX
01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Pretty sick machine you got there.Off topic question i have a f-350 dana 60 front, can i legaly put a drop shackle on the front?

mark
01-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Pretty sick machine you got there.Off topic question i have a f-350 dana 60 front, can i legaly put a drop shackle on the front?

I hope you dont mean on the front end of the leaf spring, that wouldnt work!
A longer shackle provides very limited lift, re-arched springs are the way to go!

Buck TraX
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
I hope you dont mean on the front end of the leaf spring, that wouldnt work!
A longer shackle provides very limited lift, re-arched springs are the way to go!
Thanks for the reply i only asked this because i saw a nice f350 slightly taller than mine and when i looked had front dropshackles.Looked like aftermarket parts not home made.Also what about the add a leafs or are they crap!

BromBones
01-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Longer shackles combined with modified (dropped) spring hangers will work for a lift, but you have to play with the shackle length and sometimes location to get it operating at the proper angle. For big lift, a complete spring pack is the way to go.

If you just want to gain a couple inches, an add a leaf kit will work.

Buck TraX
01-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Sound kinda complicated I will just buy the leafs then thanx for the info guys1

f350ps
01-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Depending on the year of your F-350, you could put in a reverse shackle kit. Check out Off-Road Unlimited or Skys Manufacturing. Provides a smoother ride also. K

Buck TraX
01-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Depending on the year of your F-350, you could put in a reverse shackle kit. Check out Off-Road Unlimited or Skys Manufacturing. Provides a smoother ride also. KYou truck doent happen to be green and white does it?

f350ps
01-16-2011, 04:37 PM
You truck doent happen to be green and white does it?
It might be or probably is depending who you are. :wink: K

steelheadSABO
01-16-2011, 04:47 PM
:0 Your rod and gun club has a mud bog? That's the sickest thing i've ever heard of.
I think I could make do with the pond at Mission Rod and gun :)

Buck TraX
01-16-2011, 04:52 PM
If it is, then i talked to you at the co-op in lader couple weeks ago.Pass you ever day ,Love your truck man! Im driving the grey ford with the off color door .Trying to plan out a small lift for mine,nothing to crazy had huge trucks before and sucked puttin the camper on it,just want a bit more clearance 2-3inchs to clear 35" those shackles are just the ticket i think thanx for the link!

f350ps
01-16-2011, 05:10 PM
If it is, then i talked to you at the co-op in lader couple weeks ago.Pass you ever day ,Love your truck man! Im driving the grey ford with the off color door .Trying to plan out a small lift for mine,nothing to crazy had huge trucks before and sucked puttin the camper on it,just want a bit more clearance 2-3inchs to clear 35" those shackles are just the ticket i think thanx for the link!
Ya, I remember talking to you. I think the Sky kit would be the ticket for your truck. K

Buck TraX
01-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I will check that one out .The reverse shackle kit looks pretty strait forward only 3-4hundred bucks beats 1300 for the lift and keeps the factory 1 ton suspension works for me.

Buck TraX
01-16-2011, 05:37 PM
sorry if this is whats call hijacking a thread im new to this forum biz