PDA

View Full Version : USA Charter Fleet Catch

Tyee
01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
:evil:I see no one has touched on the subject, All fish caught in BC waters by USA fisherman come off our Sport Quota, this includes all the USA Charter fleet. This is not the guys coming up and staying in BC buying gas and paying for moorage and all the stuff it takes to come to BC its to do with the guys coming across the border by boat and fishing in Canadian waters then going back to their Port and the fish gets reported as Canadian fish and comes off our quota and they keep good track of what comes in, no benifit to Canada. But we could be shut down early ? Halibut is the main target

Chuck
01-14-2011, 12:09 PM
HUH? I don't understand this. As if they don't have enough of their own.
Like...I'll pick your apples, and you consider it part of your own crop picked - then I'll go home and pick my own as well. Talk about STUPID................or what?

blindguy
01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
It's true that is happening and they took alot of the sport tac. Our fisheries helped out and closed the areas they were always fishing.
I still see the odd guy come across to the swiftsure from neah bay but way down from years past.

There haly season is usualy closed by june so they come across here to keep fishing.

It would be one thing if they had to run into a bc marina to get fuel and licences but they don't.Some of my guests say they can even buy a canadian fishing off some u.s charter boats!

Gotta shake your head at our fisheries sometimes.

Mr. Dean
01-14-2011, 01:19 PM
IIRC, wasn't this targeted by the Ministry, a couple years back????

Steeleco
01-14-2011, 01:24 PM
I know as a kid growing up in Steveston they would seize US commercial boats all the time, I've never eaten so much Tuna. Why don't they target non Canadian boats of any kind fishing in our waters??
I wonder if they stop us fishing south of the line and not touching dry land??

Tyee
01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
The big puker boats are still fishing near the LongHole, I have gone over IPHC stats and I have not found what they brought in from 2009 Canadian waters They normaly have in their annual report. Maybe I have missed it

Tyee
01-14-2011, 01:37 PM
USA fish and Wildlfe will tow you to neah bay

blindguy
01-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Absolutley 1ft over the line there gona take your boat!!

I'm sure there's a few guys still going out to the long hole but it is closed just no enforcment