PDA

View Full Version : Hunters in the Chilliwack area..

esm
01-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi there

I am looking for meat that you don't want..
Freezerburnt.
Old.
Scraps.
Just cleaning out your freezer.

Really anything that can walk, run, swim, or fly :) Bones included except the weight bearing bones of the larger animals.. ( and no bear meat )

I can put it to good use by feeding my dogs :) They will love you for it!

If you have any, I can pick up in the Chilliwack area anytime that works for you!

Thanks!

Esther
604 745 3363
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/esthermalj/DSC_5524.jpg
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/esthermalj/100_4070.jpg

esm
01-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks!!

:) :)

esm
01-25-2011, 06:53 PM
bump :)
:) :) :)

esm
11-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Bump :) :) :) :)

esm
11-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you !! My dogs are appreciating all the meat and so am I!

esm
11-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Bump :) :) :)

Steeleco
11-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Just a curious question, but why no bear meat? My Rottie has eaten bear and all other game scraps for all her 5 years. There are members here that will advise you against raw moose due to some parasite IIRC. We eat bear all the time, why not the pup?

buck nash
11-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Just a curious question, but why no bear meat? My Rottie has eaten bear and all other game scraps for all her 5 years. There are members here that will advise you against raw moose due to some parasite IIRC. We eat bear all the time, why not the pup?

She probably wants to feed her dogs a raw diet and there are some parasites and diseases that dogs can get from bear when served raw. I'm guessing you feed your pups cooked bear.

Steeleco
11-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Nope, not once, never. All raw, if I'm cutting and cleaning the bear and it's not fit for my family, it's not fit for my dog. I'm told your supposed to cook Moose for the same reason? No worries, I seldom get moose!!!

jhausner
11-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Any animal that eats meat has a higher probability of having parasites or diseases aka Bears, Wolves, Cougars, etc. Compared to game like Moose, Deer, Elk, Grouse, etc. Regardless though, ALL animals can have Trichonella and other diseases just a differing probabilities.

The key thing you said Steelco is if it's not fit for your family then it's not fit for your dog. That's always the best attitude.

When in doubt throw it out!

esm
12-02-2011, 08:42 AM

Any animal that eats meat has a higher probability of having parasites or diseases aka Bears, Wolves, Cougars, etc. Compared to game like Moose, Deer, Elk, Grouse, etc. Regardless though, ALL animals can have Trichonella and other diseases just a differing probabilities.

The key thing you said Steelco is if it's not fit for your family then it's not fit for your dog. That's always the best attitude.

When in doubt throw it out!

^^^ The above is the main reason.. :) We typically feed out dogs prey animals as that is the natural order of things.. The parasite in bear is not something that can be seen if I correct.. I am not concerned with old or slightly "off" meat as the acid in a dogs stomach will take care of that ;) Just concerned with certain parasites..

Again thank you so much everybody!!

esm
12-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Bump :) :) :) :)

Trophyslayer
12-09-2011, 09:44 PM
If its been frozen for some time shouldn't that kill the tricanoaes larava?

esm
12-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Apparently since bears hibernate the particular parasite that they carry is more immune to cold temps.. vs the parasite that wild pork can carry

Of course I am not 100% sure but I would rather be safe than sorry :)..

esm
12-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Bump :) :) :)
:)

esm
01-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Bump..

Any kind of meat besides bear is great!! Old freezer burnt fish.. deer.. moose.. anything that can run swim or fly ;)

Thanks!!

esm
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Bump..

Any kind of meat besides bear is great!! Old freezer burnt fish.. deer.. moose.. anything that can run swim or fly

Thanks!!