PDA

View Full Version : early/late muzzle loader season???

Camp Cook
01-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Does BC still have an early/late muzzle loader season I looked but can't see one listed?

tinhorse
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
i am pretty sure it is no.

Riverratz
01-12-2011, 11:25 AM
There used to be "primitive weapons" seasons which included muzzle-loaders for moose in some Region 7 zones, ....... but it got nixed about 13-14 years ago.

You can use a muzzle loader during an open season, unless it is specifically prohibited in some zones or for certain species.

bugler
01-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't recall ever having one in Region 4, quite sure there are none in BC now.

BCrams
01-12-2011, 12:59 PM
No reason why you can't use a muzzleloader during regular hunting season. We have the most liberal seasons available! Fill your boots.

Leaseman
01-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Muzzle and bow use to be the same many moons ago.....

When the "in-line" rifles became more popular and had the longer reach the season changed to regular rifle (GOS) IIRC......

Ron.C
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Like stated above, there is no special muzzleloader season.

Should there be one or not, that's a whole other can of worms:twisted:

Camp Cook
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Reason I ask is years ago I used to hunt the bow/muzzle loader season I used a bow I had sworn to myself never to get into black powder more to do with just not having the time to get into another aspect of the shooting/hunting world than anything else...

I now have an opportunity to buy a black powder/muzzle loader barrel for my Contender carbine and I'm trying to decide it I go for it or not basically if I can't hunt a special early season I really don't see/have a need to get the barrel .

I've made an offer and the fellow has countered but we're still $50.00 apart with neither of us prepared to move further...

I'm thinking if I want to get into black powder I'll save my money and just load my 45 Colt or 45-70 barrels up with black powder loads...