PDA

View Full Version : pitt meadows marsh

master-of-commander
01-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Hey,
I hunt with my buddy in ladner but I was interested in hunting in pitt meadows marsh and pit lake. Does anyone have any info about this area (i.e. good spots, how to get there, etc)

NitwiT
01-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Welcome, you really should tell a joke, may help you get some more responses from this site.

In terms of getting there, get on Neaves Road, and follow that till you hit the marsh, will be on your right hand side. Get a copy of the Fraser Valley Special Area map and make sure you know where you can and cannot shoot.

Now, on to the harder part, good spots. Basically, what you're gonna wanna do, is go into the marsh, and watch the birds, where they go, and especially where they land. Where you see them landing will probably be a good spot.

Mark

master-of-commander
01-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the advice...!!!
what they call you the wise guy??????

sarg
01-10-2011, 07:46 PM
i think u can only hunt the pitt meadows marsh lands certen days(tue and sat) but i could be wrong about that thou.

Buck
01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Wednesday Saturday and Sunday you may hunt in the Marsh

master-of-commander
01-10-2011, 08:33 PM
is it possible to hunt there without a boat?

Buck
01-10-2011, 08:42 PM
If you have a dog yes.

NitwiT
01-10-2011, 10:15 PM
what were you expecting master-of-commander? GPS guide to everyone's blinds?

I'm not trying to be a tool, I guess I could have been more direct in saying this, but no one's gonna give you their spots, since once their given, their not theirs.

The marsh is great to hunt, if its frozen, go to the river.

master-of-commander
01-10-2011, 11:57 PM
i dont need anyones spot wise guy!!!
i never hunt there...i am trying to find some info that people are willing to share with people who dont know the area...

i didnt asked u to give out ur spot you -NITWIT-...

Mr. Dean
01-11-2011, 12:46 AM
i never hunt there...i am trying to find some info that people are willing to share with people who dont know the area...

No need to get panties all bunched up.... The member gave you what you've asked for and suggested that you do some scouting, which is,,,, as big a part of hunting, as is the hunting itself.

:confused:

Play nice. :smile:

Kudu
01-11-2011, 08:30 AM

I'm not sure many on here will step up and help with that attitude - Frankly!

never the less - lets try - It's simple really - find the marsh (Map) or google click here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Please+tell+this+tool+where+pit+marsh+maple+rid ge+bc+is&l=1)

Drive to marsh and scout

Find birdies and shoot

Clear enough?

master-of-commander
01-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Hello,

Unfortunately I think there was a misunderstanding from my part. I just don't appreciate smart responses. All I was looking for was any pointers on going out to that marsh because I do not know the area, and since I don't have a boat I just wanted to know if it was still worth going out there.

Just as how I understand I was rude, I really would rather not have someone make smart remarks to my post either, that is also rude.

heyblast
01-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Without a boat it's almost a waste of time. Only some of the dykes are open to shooting and the water along the dykes is too deep to wade. Be sure to read the regs before you try.

NitwiT
01-11-2011, 06:43 PM
seriously, I'm not making "smart remarks". I'm just summing up the responses you will get and the information you are most likely to recieve.(Albeit in a short and efficient manner)

The marsh is a good spot, go there, shoot birds. The river is good if marsh is frozen, go there, shoot birds.

Ladner is also good, if the tide isnt nuts, go there, shoot birds.

Anyway, if you still don't like my attitude, I tried...

NitwiT
01-11-2011, 06:43 PM
btw, for the marsh, heyblast is correct, you need a boat, and if not, you need a dog. easy spot to lose birds

nano
01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome, you really should tell a joke, may help you get some more responses from this site.

It is advised that all new members post a joke as there first posts. By posting a joke guys will help you out more.