PDA

View Full Version : 720a producers list?

Brett
01-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Anyone have contact info they are willing to share for a winter elk hunt?

Thanks
Brett

f350ps
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm heading up there for the 22nd if the temps fall as expected. I've heard there's a list of ranches that will allow you to hunt. I'm going to make a few phone calls on Monday to see if I can find this list. I'll let ya know what I find out. K

Ambush
01-08-2011, 01:01 AM
I've heard there's a list of ranches that will allow you to hunt. I'm going to make a few phone calls on Monday to see if I can find this list. I'll let ya know what I find out. K

Unless it's changed the list is about useless. There was only about fourteen farmers on the last list I saw and many were sick of answering the phone every five minutes. The folks I know took their name off.

The ministry in Fort St. John has it.

f350ps
01-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up Ambush, guess I have to go to plan B, knockin on doors. K

Belle
01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Try and contact Corlane Sports in Dawson Creek, when I was up there for the winter Elk hunt a couple of years ago they had a list of ranchers that were willing to let hunters on their property.

MuleyMadness
01-08-2011, 12:14 PM
The program that matched hunters and farmers up together has concluded, so no up to date list will be provided by the ministry. The above is probably your best bet, stop in at Corlane and see if they can help. I will dig around in my old emails for the list I had from last year, PM me with your email and I will send it if I can find it.

Brett
01-08-2011, 05:22 PM
thanks guys!

bear buster
01-08-2011, 06:24 PM
The list is old and outdated, alot of the ranchers quit answering phones in Dec-Feb, your best bet is to hit the area a few days before hand and put on some miles, find the elk and get a landowners map. Try north Rolla, or out the Groundbirch way(between DC and Chetwynd), Tate Creek and Tomslake are a good bet, not like it used to be before the oilfield moved in. And there is 2 or 3 big herds out the Upper Cutbank way(towards TR from DC on hwy 52e) Hope this helps.