PDA

View Full Version : 3-27 got any game

Buck TraX
01-07-2011, 02:42 PM
just wondering if anyones been succesful in this area as of late. My family used to operate hyas lake fishing camp until mid 80s and was productive back then, how about now as i know this area well,but sadly have not been back since 2000

guywitha270
01-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Still lots of deer. The whities are up there now. Clearcuts have really opened things up down along both sides of the lake. We've had a cabin on the lake since the early seventies. Are you one of Lloyd's clan?

Buck TraX
01-10-2011, 09:22 AM
hey good to hear about the whities around there. Norman Bacon was my grandfather purchased from loyds. do the Bookers still own the camp? also remember the odd moose up there. thanks for the update

M.Dean
01-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Ken and Cindy own the Resort now, not sure of there last name? There was the odd moose spotted but not as many as there use to be. After the fires it was great for a few years, but now it seems like the moose all went back over to the burned out area's, better feed I guess. Still lots of deer, Whities are taking over slowly. Still a nice public camp site just before the Resort, lots of guys fishing and hunting all the time. Lots of logging going on, but I think it's good because of the fire danger and the Rancher plant's it with grass when there done so the deer and Moose love it! I Quad into Amour, Hadlow, Andy and Pemberton lakes quite a bit, still decent fishing and hunting. Nice country, that's why I moved here 33 years ago!

Buck TraX
01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Much aprecciated Mr Dean.Just to let you know i am pretty new to hunting 2010 was my first season.Just figured i already know this area pretty good might aswell put that knowledge to some use this season. After fishing relentlessly over the past 15 years hunting has been the thrill and challenge i have been looking for I LOVE THIS STUFF!

guywitha270
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
That old road into Pemberton is a great walk for grouse too. We always used to shoot em up in there. Go for a drive down Louis Creek road in the morning, the whities go running back and forth across it.

4 point
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Lots of whities up Hyas lake way no I am told. I know several guys who have taken animals in the last year or two. I guy took an immature moose while out deer hunting in that area.

bcmulie
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
That is beautiful country, although there are an awful lot of clearcuts now. Saw a couple nice whiteys when I was scouting in August, but couldn't find them during the hunting season.

bcmulie