PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Moose Hunt

fearnodeer
01-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Being new to this and reading some funny stories I though I would share one. My wife and i were married in 1987 and at the time did not have a lot of money so for a honeymoon we decided to go moose hunting. When i meet my wife she did not hunt but got really intrested and took all the courses and started. Back to the hunt, we put leh in for bull moose and she got draw so after the weeding we went to Harrison for a couple of days then meet two of my hunting buddies and took of for Fort St James. We hunted for 4 days without anyluck so we decided to go into Burns lake and come in the backside, well we did a morning hunt then packed up camp and headed out. We arrived in Burns lake late in the day so we headed straight in. We had just got to our area and spoted a lake at dust with a young bull on it. There was brush right beside the road then a same clearing then more brush right beside the lake so as we went in i said to here somehow we are going to have to get into the lake to get a shot, well as we got close to the lake there was a large tree that had fallen into to the lake so we decided to walk out on it to get that clear shot. Slowly we moved out on the log toghther and the moose was only 75 yards away so when everthing was just perfect she droped the cross hairs on it and pulled the trigger, now the fun starts she was shoting a 7mm mag and was enough to throw her 125 lbs of the log into the lake, what a troper she keep the gun up so it did not end up in the lake. When she shot i knew she hit but it just started slowly waking out of the lake so i put two more rounds into it with my buddies 303 that he lent me and it finally when down, now after laughing my guts out i finally was able to help my new bride out of the lake. When we skined out the moose i found her bullet on the hide and she had a great lung shot so i could have just waited for it to go down but no second guessing for me. Just so you know over the years i've done well for myself so she has gotten to go on a few make-up honeymoon trips and i did not bring my hunting buddies.

Hope you enjoy this this gals a keeper.

newhunterette
01-07-2011, 02:44 PM
awesome story - I always enjoy hearing hunting stories when the wives are out with the husbands

congrats to your happiness and havin a good woman

beni
01-07-2011, 02:49 PM
That is awesome, great story.

Phil
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Great story! Welcome to HBC.

fusion
01-07-2011, 05:03 PM
If that happened to my wife, she would have shot me then through the rifle into the lake as far as she could throw it. Good on her and welcome!

hunter1947
01-08-2011, 04:02 AM
Yes you are right on she is a keeper you don't find many ladies that love to hunt ,very nice wright up congrats to the young lady on getting her moose http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif PS you better get her some flowers she is a keeper..

nano
01-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Hahaha that was good, sounds like something the three stooges would do.But this need pics.

BearSniper
01-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Great story, you know it sounds like you 2 had a lot of fun on a low budget....we've all been there. Great memories, and what a shot, even if she did get dunked :wink:

Took my wife hunting once only. She sat and watched my grunt for deer and elk, but she kept quiet and observed it all. It was a beautiful day and we were togetther even though I came home empty.

If she's your hunting partner most of the time, I think thats a great way to spend time in the oudoors together.

blackbart
01-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Married after all these years after pulling this off on your honeymoon.

"We hunted for 4 days without anyluck so we decided to go into Burns lake and come in the backside"

Not every lady out there would be into that. You got yourself a keeper for sure :)