PDA

View Full Version : Predators in the snow???

emerson
01-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Anyone around PG getting out there on foot or snowshoes? It was ok last week, but walking in snow to the knees today gave my heart a stress test (it passed). I guess the 2 feet of snow will make the deer easier for the coyotes and wolves to find which should help us find them, but I don't think my body is up to the challenge.

thetackdriver
01-06-2011, 07:31 PM
ill be heading out this weekend. snowshoes are in the truck ready to go. this fresh snow should help for quiet walking. missed my opportunity on a pack of 9 wolves the other day(no rifle) . kicking myself now

killman
01-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Where the wolves???? May make it out this weekend, will have to see. Definitely be harder walking this weekend then last with a foot of new snow.

todbartell
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM
snow aint even deep yet :smile:

thetackdriver
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Where the wolves???? May make it out this weekend, will have to see. Definitely be harder walking this weekend then last with a foot of new snow.

Wolves were north of town. they had a fresh moose down . went back two days later and there was hardly a scrap.

emerson
01-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Wolves were north of town. they had a fresh moose down . went back two days later and there was hardly a scrap.
This wasn't off the Salmon FSR was it?
I saw pieces (a foot and an ear) and a hide today, but I don't believe wolves leave the hide whole..... Perhaps a subsistence hunter??

thetackdriver
01-06-2011, 08:57 PM
This wasn't off the Salmon FSR was it?
I saw pieces (a foot and an ear) and a hide today, but I don't believe wolves leave the hide whole..... Perhaps a subsistence hunter??

no just a tad bid farther north.

ianwuzhere
01-06-2011, 09:02 PM
i saw two wolves last weekend on hansard lake- just past eaglet lake...no gun of course ;(