PDA

View Full Version : Roxy update

4ptbuck
01-06-2011, 03:45 PM
She bopped me in the eye with her nose last Sunday. Gave me a mild case of pink eye. I gave it back to her. Oops. A spray of Verteicyn cleared up Roxy's eye PDQ.

She's 10 weeks now, and just shy of 19#. We had her on 4x feedings at about 4 cups of food a day, inclusive of training kibble.

We're going to cut down to 3x a day. I think food amount is right. I can't see the ribs, but can just feel them if I run my hand down her side, with hardly any pressure. Should she have the abdominal tuck yet? Her belly kinda goes straight back into her haunch.

She climbs stairs readily, but won't walk down. She is geting heavy to carry. I just found out that stairs are a no-no, and will be a building a dog ramp for her.

Potty training is going ok. She tells us by sitting at a door, any doors, and with a Bark that she has a #2 coming. We had some #1 accidents, but on a few occasions, she has also told us of them. Still need to keep a close eye on her for those #1s.

Her temperment has wained off the last day. Seems like she has less energy. It might be from the correction I gave her as she got exited and teethed me on the chin. I wouldn't call it a bite, more of a my mouth is open while I poke my head at you.

Got her on a bird wing. The first wing was great, she retrieved it well. On this second wing, she just wants to lick/eat it. I think she is getting smarter, and knows if she brings it back, I take it away. I am trying to not associate this and give her a kibble treat instead.

As for tricks, she know sit, down, come, wait, and is learning over.

I can get her to a sit, or down and tell her to wait. I then put a kibble on a ground. She won't break until we tell her. Now we are starting to work on a mini-T with Kibble on both sides. I can get her to take the left or right one with an over and hand signals.

We don't feed her at our dinner time, but do keep her in the kitchen while we eat. It;s hard not to laugh as she bounces with her head at the table height. We are discouraging this,...joints.

This is going to be fun!!.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/4ptbuck/DSC_0041.jpg

blackford
01-07-2011, 12:43 AM
Awesome. Keep the pics coming

Crimson Viking
01-07-2011, 01:47 AM
Very nice pic. She's a beauty. Makes Me jelous