PDA

View Full Version : Birdy Blastin this morning

sixpoint
01-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Just about to head out in the back yard to try for a limit in mallards. I wish everything was still frozen out their so the birds would stay out of the feilds and come to my blind on the slough but we should be able to convince some to come in. Il post back with the results in a few hours.

yamadirt 426
01-05-2011, 08:42 AM
check out the waterfowl section of the site. Thats where a post like this belongs :) good luck out there

Mr. Dean
01-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Just about to head out in the back yard to try for a limit in mallards. I wish everything was still frozen out their so the birds would stay out of the feilds and come to my blind on the slough but we should be able to convince some to come in. Il post back with the results in a few hours.

Welcome to HBC. :smile:

I took liberty in moving your thread over to this forum; it should get more exposure here.
If ya don't mind, it would be a benifit to others on where abouts you're hunting..... It's been a looong time since some of us seen a duck. :(

Look forward to your report.

sixpoint
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
ya ok , thanks il post on the other site.

sixpoint
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Well it started off really really slow for the mallards. I guess with everything unthawing and the rain the birds that were flying were hard to turn and were headin for the flooded corn feilds. On the other hand their was flight after flight of teal comin in and landing in with the decoys, but for some reason i kept passing and passing till I had enough of the mallards not commin in so I ended up with my limit in teal in about an hours time. Man are those birds quick! Il try to post some pics in the next little bit here but no promises im not to good with the computer.

yamadirt 426
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Good job. Are you using a dog ?

01-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Good job. Are you using a dog ?

Lucky bugger is in his back yard, he could walk up to the tin boat if need be!

'least he said he was in his back yard

sixpoint
01-05-2011, 12:26 PM
The slough is totally wadeable so I did not use a dog not that I have one anyway. I have not duck hunted in probly five years because I always found it hard to find places to go but now that I have it right under my nose I thought I'd try it out again. Im having trouble posting pics any help?

longshot
01-05-2011, 06:32 PM
The slough is totally wadeable so I did not use a dog not that I have one anyway. I have not duck hunted in probly five years because I always found it hard to find places to go but now that I have it right under my nose I thought I'd try it out again. Im having trouble posting pics any help?

Downsize the photos to 640x480, upload them in the gallery on this site, then copy/paste them into your post.

Let me know if that didn't make any sense at all! :wink:

Longshot jr.

Mr. Dean
01-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Glad to hear the hunt went WELL!
Where are you hunting; LM, VanIsle, Yumonkohumey?????

sixpoint
01-06-2011, 06:17 PM
I was hunting the lowermainland.

sixpoint
01-07-2011, 11:23 PM
still havnt got to the pics thanks for the info on posting though! il probly get to it tomorrow its a cool pic all drakes deffently not on purpose, those this fly like most people drive in richmond.