PDA

View Full Version : Cool Band Info

01-04-2011, 10:07 PM
So a while back we took a HUGE drake Mallard near Cloverdale that was banded . We Called the band number in and got the info back today. He was at least 3 years old, and was Banded near Minto Flats, close to Fairbanks Alaska and was banded In Aug. of 2008.
I never have made a big deal of getting banded birds but it sure is cool to help with the studies and to find out where they have traveled from and how old they are. Sure wish I could see all the sites they have seen ......... before they looked down the 12 gauge barrel though.
CT

sawmill
01-04-2011, 10:10 PM
So a while back we took a HUGE drake Mallard near Cloverdale that was banded . We Called the band number in and got the info back today. He was at least 3 years old, and was Banded near Minto Flats, close to Fairbanks Alaska and was banded In Aug. of 2008.
I never have made a big deal of getting banded birds but it sure is cool to help with the studies and to find out where they have traveled from and how old they are. Sure wish I could see all the sites they have seen ......... before they looked down the 12 gauge barrel though.
CT
Good thing you got him before he died of old age!And yes,it IS very cool!