PDA

View Full Version : Pink MTN buffalo ?

palmer
01-04-2011, 05:37 PM
So any stories and still a few tags to go I think. Anybody getting any ?

asurebet
01-04-2011, 06:00 PM
l do know that I'm eating a bison roast as i'm typing this, and it is gooooood

Fraink
01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I have two friends hunting Tatonka as we type.

d6dan
01-04-2011, 06:06 PM
So any stories and still a few tags to go I think. Anybody getting any ?

Start with this one.:?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60613

palmer
01-05-2011, 11:48 PM
OLD news...looking for updated info....buddy heading up in 10 days

toyotacowboy
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM
in-laws are up there right now....one bull down on wed.looking for a second now.there were four shot on new years and three shot wed that i know of

Mik
01-07-2011, 08:05 PM
in-laws are up there right now....one bull down on wed.looking for a second now.there were four shot on new years and three shot wed that i know of

Awesome, didi they say how deep the snow level is? and how far back from the ranch are they?

partner
01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
We got back from Pink tonight. It started snowing the morning we left. We never seen a buffalo while we were there. Every hunting party that was there had shot one, except us. I am sure after it started snowing it was going to get good. New hunters were coming in every day. It was busy with hunters. Would loved to have stayed longer, the boy's educations are more important and the time we shared up there is priceless!

partner
01-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Snow was deep in the meadows 3 to 4 feet. Buffalo were shot and seen close to the ranch. Some were shot around the new cabins past horse camp, in the meadow with the salt lick! Others were shot over 20 miles out on the halfway river trail. Unfortunately the second river crossing was becoming a bit of a problem. Don't know if anybody tried to cross it after we left. We found a crossing that the buffalo had used a little further down that was frozen solid I told everybody how to get there. Don't know if that's where they were heading early in the morning as we were packing to come home. A lot of buffalo were seen way out back!

Buck
01-08-2011, 09:35 PM
That second crossing on the Halfway was kind of Sketchy back around DEc 6th.Damn cold but a fair bit of open water .We got ours between there and the first crossing.Better luck next time....Cheers