PDA

View Full Version : Indian River FRS

lip_ripper00
06-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Any body know if this road is open? If nothing comes up, fathers day I will take a trip up the arm and walk in a few km lots of critters up their when acess is limited. Thanks Steve

Steeleco
06-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Steve, check out this link, if you track it back you can get road conditions on lots of BC back roads.

Your not the only one waiting for them to fix that bridge. Take a boat and a mountain bike from the Reed point marina!!!! I would but I don't have boat or a bike:cry::cry:

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dsq/Engineering/roadinformation.htm

Fred
06-17-2006, 08:55 PM
I can help you out with the bike Dave. I have a spare or two. Fred

bcboy
06-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Closed and dont hold your breath boys.

lip_ripper00
06-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Closed and dont hold your breath boys. Exellent!!!!;)

bcboy
06-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Me I gotta figure a way into Norton lk. I am itchin to try that damm lake again.

Anyone gotta boat and a quad???? I'll bring my rod an ample BEER!!!

ryanb
06-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Impossible to quad in from the Squamish side?

bcboy
06-18-2006, 07:32 PM
I asked some friends of mine and they said no, no. However, I will ask

them again..me I was gonna mtn. bike in, save gas money!!

I believe it is the Dist. of squamish who will do the repairs and I believe

it is not in thier forseeable plans. But once again I'll ask and get back too

ya all.

Steeleco
06-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Well after a trip to Brackendale today to buy a new to me car, I just had to have a look at the gate, and sure as S**t it is still locked. I don't care it the bridge is out, I can walk the rest of the way. LET ME IN!!!!

bcboy
06-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Well after a trip to Brackendale today to buy a new to me car, I just had to have a look at the gate, and sure as S**t it is still locked. I don't care it the bridge is out, I can walk the rest of the way. LET ME IN!!!!

10 yrs ago i went in for deer about Nov 30th or so, anyway to make a long story short I skidded off the road 15km from the gate....it sure was a long walk:lol: probably more so cuzz we drank a few beers while diggin out the truck!!

ps...plus we dragged the 2 pt too well about halfway..my old friend lit a fire and waited about 12 hrs for me to show up with rescue vehicles.

well enuff of me, I will grab a dirt bike and see how far I can get.:idea:

lip_ripper00
06-18-2006, 10:06 PM
ok the trip I made in their years ago (and many beers ) how far is it from the gate to the bluff across from the Wig Wam Inn at the Indian River?When I have gone up in the past 10 years I go up by boat I have walked in at least 5km past the machine shead, cool place to be. bcboy you want to go for a bike ride mabye we can work somthing out,my girls will want to go how many in your tribe?

bcboy
06-18-2006, 10:17 PM
It takes a hour to drive in from the gate to the end of the river plus or minus 10-15 min. I am pretty sure it is +25km probably around 33 or so.
Every yr a group from squampton cycle in...not me thou. I imagine it wouldtake 3-4 hrs if in good shape.
I am single except for an 11 yr old who I am pretty sure would not make the trip.Give me a couple of weeks and I am game, gota figure on spending 1-2 nights thou.

I'll ask my friend ...see how long it took them to get in..I beliueve they had a water taxi ferry thm anf\d thier bikes out

Stresd
06-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Here is a link to a quad club that just did the trip. Some great info on road condition
http://quads.ca/tripreports.php

lip_ripper00
06-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Here is a link to a quad club that just did the trip. Some great info on road condition
http://quads.ca/tripreports.phpthanks for the link

mud-dog27
07-23-2006, 11:02 PM
damn signed up here finally hoping there would be newer news here about the arm but i guess i was wrong.....i want in so bad its been a long time me and the guys i go hunting with are thinkin bout just renting a boat and goin in mind you i dont know what condition that little dock is in

Steeleco
07-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Welcome MD27, I have heard the dock is in good shape, people I know have cabin on Indian arm and use it a few times a year.

I know that the Wildlife guys were taking bears to the work shed near the inlet end of the road, saw them once on the tube, recognized that shed right away!!!

MichelD
07-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Taking bears there?

From where?

I saw an awesome cougar there once. Jumped right across the road from one high bank to the one on the other side. it was like he was suspended inthe air and I just about drove under him !

lip_ripper00
07-24-2006, 09:08 AM
the old dock that was up their is gone.was replaced with a new one 1/2 the size but still room to moore several boats

Steeleco
07-24-2006, 11:35 AM
I don't recall from where but they were bears taken from someone's back yard and relocated.!!!

ryanb
07-24-2006, 01:08 PM
I flew over Indian FSR a couple weeks ago. Not only was the bridge near the pass washed out, there were at least a few non-minor washouts along the road in other places. There were many boats moored at the dock, and there appeared to be dirtbikers, which I assume must have brought their bikes on boats since there appears to be no way around some of the washouts.

mud-dog27
07-25-2006, 06:00 PM
yea i and others have a cabin up there and i know they knocked that old dock down ages ago after it started sinking we tried savin it many times but it just got to old....been goin up there ince i could barely walk......wouldnt be surprised if i know some of the people on this board:smile: