01-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey all,

OK, the joke...

A guy goes to his doctor:
"Doctor, I can't stop thinking about piglets!"
Doctors asks "How long have you been feeling like this?"
Guy replies "About a weeeeeeeeeeeek!"

Now my bio...

Moving to Nanoose Bay in 3 weeks. I work for a multi-national and they wanted me on the North American continent so out of all that, I chose the island. Thought long and hard as I could have gone anywhere but narrowed it down quickly because I love the sea, outdoors, wildlife, guns, fishing. Sure, the US has looser gun laws but I like the Canadian way of life.

I used to shoot full-bore and black powder as a teenager back in the day before successive UK governments decided some of the worlds toughest gun laws were an appropriate response to two individual incidents but strangely, they didn't prevent a third recently. Consequently, I've spent 25 years confined to shotguns shooting trap, duck and pheasant and it is time to make a change.

First steps are obviously to get my PAL and I've contacted Nanaimo Fish & Game to get one one of their courses ASAP; I'd be suprised if I didn't find some of you guys at that club so I hope to meet you soon.

I'm looking forward to getting involved in the community here and learning as much as I can. I also like to get out with my camera as well as a gun so if anyone wants some photos of their trips, let me know. When I'm not out with a gun or a camera, I love fishing, skiing, running or just getting out into the woods for some quiet time.

Mark

Shooter
01-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Welcome. To the site and the Island. You made a great choice in both cases :biggrin: just don't tell TOO many people how nice the Island is. Keep reminding them how HORRIBLE the ferry ride is and how much easier and more convenient it is to live in the lower mainland :lol:

bigwhiteys
01-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Hunting & Fishing is about to get a lot COOLER for you being in BC. Congrats!

Carl

Tripitaka
01-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks guys! LOL! I've already been warned to keep my mouth shut about the island from the folks I know who live there! Don't want to be filling it up with immigrants.

Oh, wait a minute... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SAVAGE300
01-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Welcome to Nanoose Bay