PDA

View Full Version : What Type of Quiver Are You Using?

Stéphane
01-02-2011, 12:00 PM
I rad the thread by Pale Rider about the backpack quiver, and I was wonder what you guys are using?

I have a cheap $15 hip quiver (2 plastic tubes in a cloth pocket) which is perfect for target shooting. Going hunting, not so much. I can only put 1 broadhead per tube not to mention the rattle.

I don't like the idea of adding weight to my bow. One of the reason I bought the Bengal was for the 3.5lbs. I feel like adding a quiver to it defeats the purpose.

What are you using?

Bowzone_Mikey
01-02-2011, 12:33 PM
I use an Octane 2 peice bow mounted quiver .... adds a bit of weight but nothing real noticable ... I like a heavier bow as its condusive to holding a bit steadier in a stiff breeze etc ...

2 peices are lighter than the 1 peice counterparts ... the heavier ones throw off the balance a bit more so your bow will have a tendency to Cant .... a sight with with a bubble level is a must

RoscoeP
01-02-2011, 01:03 PM
On my Badlands hip quiver(4tube) I bought a 6' piece of water pipe insullation (about 1 dollar) and cut off four 4" pieces, then trim off about 1/2" beside the slit and they fit perfect in the tubes. I can now walk around the 3-D range without the rattle and I still have 4 and a half feet left. Cheers

Ron.C
01-02-2011, 01:03 PM
I use an Alpine Soft loc detachable quiver for several seasons. It's quiet, light weight and holds my arrows very secure.

huntwriter
01-02-2011, 05:10 PM
I use Kwivers from the first day on I started shooting bows. That was many, many years ago and I will keep using them till I die or quit shooting/hunting with bows, because they are affordable, reliable, hold arrows very secure, yet release them easy too, quiet and they last for ever. I still have the very first Kwikee Quiver I ever purchased mounted on one of my hunting bows that I use every season.

Bow Walker
01-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I have a hip quiver, a shoulder quiver, and a belt-attached quiver (target type) and a bow mounted quiver. I use two of the above quivers on a regular basis.

My detachable bow-mounted quiver is my 'go to' quiver for hunting. Believe me, I've tried them all. My belt quiver is for 3D and target shooting. After that, what else is there, really?

BowSitter
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
My hunting bow has a removable quiver mounted to it and I use a Winn and Winn belt quiver for 3D

Stéphane
01-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Appr. 50% of the choices are detachable. Does that mean you shoot with the quiver off?

coach
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Appr. 50% of the choices are detachable. Does that mean you shoot with the quiver off?

Mine is attached the bow when I hunt. I detach it to put the bow in my case when I'm not hunting.

Ron.C
01-05-2011, 08:18 AM

when I'm in a stand yes, if I'm stalking or on the move no

Bow Walker
01-05-2011, 09:34 AM
I believe that detachable quivers were first design for hunters who use a tree stand or a ground blind, since it's much easier to maneuver the bow without the quiver on it. American hunters are primarily stand hunters. Quiver manufacturers (99% american) answered a need.

First there were three arrow quivers, then 5 arrow, and now you can get 7 arrow quivers. Pretty soon you'll be able to take a full dozen arrows with you on your bow.:confused: Silly, eh?

It takes a bit of getting used to - having the weight of a detachable quiver hanging off your bow - when you're getting set to release an arrow, but with a bit of practice it's easy to come to a perfectly vertical full draw.

Bow mounted quivers are great for spot-n-stalk hunting or still hunting. Mine is attached at the first of the season and stays there until the end of hunting. It's very handy, having a choice of broadhead or blunt, when you're out wandering around.

TIKKA TIGER
02-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Kwikee Kwiver Combo - 4 Arrow

uraarchr
02-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Mathews arrow-web detatchable 5 arrow.No knobs or screws to take off.Just rotate nd it comes off.Last bow had 2piece attatched and I didnt like not being able to take it off.

The Hermit
02-04-2011, 12:54 AM
My Maximus Bonesplitter crossbow comes a quickie style detachable quiver that is okay.

My traditional bows have either quick detach or slide on Selway Quivers - The best there is IMHO. Light quiet and hold the arrows pretty well. They don't get in the way at all in the stand or on the ground! They also feature replaceable foamy inserts! Expensive but worth every penny.

My Limbsaver compound has a Limbsaver solid mounted quiver way nicer than my old quickie!!

bionicflite
02-05-2011, 11:47 PM
I mounted a Tight Spot 4 arrow to my EVO...I keep it in a Primo's sling to cover the cams and string and strap it in three places on the back of my Badlands Day back.
Snowshoeing thru heavy timberland and blow down cat hunting the snow covered the arrows but when I went to make the shot and took off the Primo's sling after un fastening the three straps the snow just falls away .

I have ran down heavy forest with this set up its is the best and quickest I have ever seen,not to mention you can angle the quiver and really get your rig balanced.