PDA

View Full Version : explenation needed

pale rider
01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
leh a 4_25 most of you on here come from canada,and know what each other is talking about,all i do is hike and stump shoot,im on here becouse one day i will get over and do some real shooting,just got a lot to learn,so please explane what is a LEH a 4_25,what sort of permission do you need to shoot what.can a none resident hunt in canada.

Ozone
01-02-2011, 12:10 PM
LEH is Limited entry hunting, much like a lottery for things that are not on a open season

4 25 would be management unit 25 of region 4

A non resident needs to be with a family member or a guide I believe to hunt in BC.

You can download the regs here
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/

Perhaps you can put were your from

Ozone
01-02-2011, 12:12 PM
LEH regs here
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html

bandit
01-02-2011, 12:13 PM
A non resident needs to be with a family member or a guide I believe to hunt in BC.

Family only applies to canadian citizen of another province - non canadian non residents can only hunt big game if they pay for a guide. Which is generally very expensive - might be better off trying AB or SK.

Ozone
01-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks Bandit, didnt know that.

One Shot
01-02-2011, 12:19 PM
leh a 4_25 most of you on here come from canada,and know what each other is talking about,all i do is hike and stump shoot,im on here becouse one day i will get over and do some real shooting,just got a lot to learn,so please explane what is a LEH a 4_25,what sort of permission do you need to shoot what.can a none resident hunt in canada.

pale rider, where are you located if not in Canada or BC?

RJ
01-02-2011, 12:22 PM
To enter the LEH you need a resident hunter number. If you're a non resident you don't need to worry about it :wink:

TimberPig
01-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Family only applies to canadian citizen of another province - non canadian non residents can only hunt big game if they pay for a guide. Which is generally very expensive - might be better off trying AB or SK.

No family only applies to non-Canadians.

A Canadian resident who is not a BC resident can hunt with an non related person under a Permit to Accompany.

A non Canadian resident can only hunt under a Permit to Accompany if the person applying for it and hosting them is a family member as defined in the regs.

Otherwise, for big game, it requires a licensed guide outfitter.

pale rider
01-04-2011, 01:41 PM
pale rider, where are you located if not in Canada or BC?
im in england mate,the only shoots here are three d,great fun,but i just yern for the big open spaces that we dont have here.

Tripitaka
01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
im in england mate,the only shoots here are three d,great fun,but i just yern for the big open spaces that we dont have here.

Emigrating is a lot like hunting, I'm finding. Research your quarry, locate your target, focus on the goal, overcome all obstacles on the stalk and finally, you'll be in a postion to take the shot.

I'm lucky, I haven't had to go through the hoops that many do in emigrating to Canada and I consider I've had it easy although it has been far from that and it ain't over yet.

The only difference between the dreamers and the do-ers is that the do-ers got off their arse and did everything it took to make it happen. If you want it enough, you can do the same.

pale rider
01-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Emigrating is a lot like hunting, I'm finding. Research your quarry, locate your target, focus on the goal, overcome all obstacles on the stalk and finally, you'll be in a postion to take the shot.

I'm lucky, I haven't had to go through the hoops that many do in emigrating to Canada and I consider I've had it easy although it has been far from that and it ain't over yet.

The only difference between the dreamers and the do-ers is that the do-ers got off their arse and did everything it took to make it happen. If you want it enough, you can do the same.
thanks mate thats inspired me to get of my arse

scallywag
01-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Tripitaka where on the island you moving???

Tripitaka
01-06-2011, 08:20 AM
@pale rider - check out www.britishexpats.com - loads of useful info on there from people that have gone from where you are now to Canadian citizens. I'm on there under the same username. You have to get the right mindset though because it can take 4 years to get all the paperwork but if you start now then in 4 years time, you will be the most excited person on the planet. If you do nothing now, in 4 years time you will still be sat dreaming about it. Settle in for the long haul but understand that dream will give you vision and hope for the future.

@scallywag - I'm into a place called Dolphin Beach near Nanoose Bay. I'm sure you'll know it. Be there for 6 months and hopefully up to 18 months but will be looking for something permanent like the properties up on Jingle Pot Rd or similar. Somewhere with land and rural(ish).

pale rider
01-07-2011, 02:03 PM

i want it selling my house as we speak,what would you think is a good amount of money to come to canada and start again,tell me,whats the cost of living like;what are employment prospects like,how much does a house cost,food,heating.

Moose Guide
01-07-2011, 02:36 PM

We have 3 families from England, 3 from Germany and 1 from Switzerland living in our small community(7 small towns, 600 people in a gazillion acres of wilderness) not one of those families would ever go back!!! Move across the pond and when you get here, look me up and we'll go huntin!!!

Moose Guide
01-07-2011, 02:46 PM
i want it selling my house as we speak,what would you think is a good amount of money to come to canada and start again,tell me,whats the cost of living like;what are employment prospects like,how much does a house cost,food,heating.

Just down the road is a house for sale for about $250 thousand, it sits on 7 acres and has a large creek on the edge(large enough to canoe)
-Fire wood I make in the bush(Free fire wood permit)might cost $200 a year
-food $500 a month(I hunt and raise my own livestock)family of 6(costs more if you buy meat)
-employment is not very good right here but jobs can be found

Tripitaka
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
First thing you have to know is that it is a LONG process for most people - 3 to 4 years is normal. Canada is also the second biggest country on earth so the question of house prices is akin to asking how much a house costs in Europe. Seriously, my advice is "Don't sweat the small stuff or the detail". Your questions may seem important right now but the bigger picture is this; if you can get in, would you be prepared to make it work no matter what? Work two jobs? Live in a smaller house? Sure sounds like you would to me. What about wife and family though? Do they share your dream?

It is all nugatory right now until you explore the answer to the question "Do I stand a chance of getting in?" That whole process will probably dictate EXACTLY where you would live and part of that process will involve one or more scoping trips where you would determine the answer to the questions you have. Currently though, you have bigger fish to fry.

Like I suggested, get over to www.britishexpats.com (http://www.britishexpats.com) and start reading. Never get depressed at the time or prospects - just keep plugging away and working towards it.

What I should make clear is that it will NOT be as simple as selling your house and moving to Canada. Doesn't work like that.

All that said:
Money: CIC (Canadian Immigration) like to see £50K in liquid cash if you are coming in under FSW (Federal Skilled Worker). Consider that a minimum.
Cost of living: VanIsl broadly comparable to UK but tax is a little less and HST - (VAT equivalent) is 12% rather than 20%. Fuel is cheaper but the car engines are generally bigger so it breaks even.
Employment prospects: Zero until you get to Canada. Canadian employers will not even consider you until you have your visa - you are too much hassle. When you get here - it depends on what you do and where you want to live.
House: see above. You can (and will) rent to begin with. That also brings it's own problems as landlords don't want to consider you until they meet you face to face. That will be the sole object of at least one scoping trip.
Food: Some more expensive, meat cheaper. Very cheap in fact as you are on here!
Heating: It depends on where you are. VanIsl is quite mild in winter. Get up to Kamloops and I imagine that you'll want to be turning the 'stat up in winter. Get somewhere with a logburner and it WILL be cheaper than rip-off Britain.

My advice is - take the house of the market and sell it when you are closer to moving - the prices will have gone up by then. I'm sure it isn't what you want to hear but it IS reality, buddy.

Tripitaka
01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
-employment is not very good right here but jobs can be found

The work permit may well dictate what you can or cannot do though. Often not as simple as "finding work" - you have to find it in the sector you are allowed to work in.

Crossfire
01-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey guys, I've lived and hunted in alberta and bc my whole life. Two years ago I went on a hunt in Scotland with outfitter mike mccrave. We hunted for red deer stags. It was a good hunt, we all got two each. While the hunt was quite expensive for us coming from Canada, the guides were telling us that 'local' guys from the Uk could come up there, near Inverness, and shoot a couple of 'hinds' (female red deer) for a couple hundred pounds. I'm not trying to discourage you from emigrating, just saying that there are hunting opportunities where you are, even for 'average' guys. Really our hunting trips in Canada cost us that much by the time we figure in fuel, tags etc. The hunt we did there was very similar in alot of ways to sheep hunting here. Check into it, you might be pleasantly suprised.

Tripitaka
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
and shoot a couple of 'hinds' (female red deer) for a couple hundred pounds.

Jeebus, thats come down. I paid £1800, 25 years ago AND I didn't get to keep the stag! I'd still rather be in BC though. :mrgreen:

pale rider
01-08-2011, 07:43 AM
thanks guys,a lot to take in,in not just the hunting.its being able to go out and treck and camp for a week,and not see a soal,here in england every scrap of land is owned buy some one.

Tripitaka
01-08-2011, 10:41 AM
thanks guys,a lot to take in,in not just the hunting.its being able to go out and treck and camp for a week,and not see a soal,here in england every scrap of land is owned buy some one.

I hear ya there. We sound very much alike in many ways. If you want to get out and do a littl backwoods living, check out www.bushcraftuk.com - they are a great bunch of guys there and you will find many local meets that at least give you a short illusion of being "away from it all". They have a great 5 day meet in early August in South Wales called the Bushmoot. Highly recommend that one. Quite a lot of hunters there too - but as you know, in the UK that means rabbit, pheasant and, umm, more rabbit!

pale rider
01-10-2011, 05:50 AM
I hear ya there. We sound very much alike in many ways. If you want to get out and do a littl backwoods living, check out www.bushcraftuk.com (http://www.bushcraftuk.com) - they are a great bunch of guys there and you will find many local meets that at least give you a short illusion of being "away from it all". They have a great 5 day meet in early August in South Wales called the Bushmoot. Highly recommend that one. Quite a lot of hunters there too - but as you know, in the UK that means rabbit, pheasant and, umm, more rabbit!
thanks mate will give that a look,im glad im not the only one who wants to be far from the nagging crowed.