PDA

View Full Version : my first bear down

gary mok
06-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Today is the last day for bear hunt this spring I am wondering if anyone make it today ? as for me I got mine last week in van island,when we're driving and driving around the mountain for more than 12 hours,eventually I saw my honey right in front of me on the dirt road then I jumped out of the 4x4 and my honey started to run up the hill,it's very steep and had lots of bushes up there I couldn't go, so I stopped walking and watched him climbing up,couldn't have a full view of him,he was 80% covered by bushes, I only saw a little bit black patch between the bushes,I think he thought he's been safe so he stopped climbing,that gave me a chance to put the cross hair on the black patch which was back and then I lower my gun point a little bit which I guess the vital part was,waited for a few seconds and pulled the trigger... BANG........:eek: he was scared to run but a few seconds later he was rolling down from the hill on to the shoulder,he was trying to get up but fell down again,I knew I got it Hulahula.........:grin: after a few mins later I walked toward him and tossed a stick on him but no movement, he's gone,no hurt, no pain,I guess:twisted: ,one shot killed(30-06 cal,180gr,sliver point )I just drove the 4x4 beside him and threw him on to the car with my buddy,that's so EASY no wasted of my energy to dealed with it,it's so cool for my first bear,I heard said that there're many guys had to dragged a long way back to the truck:frown: .anyway the most hardest part starting soon....... GUT it,it weight about 200lbs I guess,by the way I have to thank the following people who gave me lots of treasure info to help me out, here you go Kevin Spike/Foxer/Rayan/Timberhunter/Slyfox/Fred/Cowboy-69 and specially thank to steeleco who is going to help me post a pic here tomorrow cause he's working now, Hey steeleco I owe you a big time ya!!! thanks alot!!! Gary

CHilko21
06-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Congrats on the bear!!

3kills
06-15-2006, 11:45 PM
congrats on the first bear cant wait to see some pics...

Fred
06-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Way to go Gary. You're one big one up on me! ;) Fred

gary mok
06-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Way to go Gary. You're one big one up on me! ;) FredHey Fred thanks a lot,have you ever gone out for hunting this spring ? any luck ? Gary

bigwhiteys
06-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Good work Gary. You lucky bugger shooting it right beside the road. They can be tough to move.

Does anyone know what the bear tally for site members is for the end of the season? It's gotta be up there now.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Steeleco
06-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Here you go Gary, took a little computer trickery but all is good.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Garymok.jpg

Mother
06-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey Gary

Good shot and congrats on your first bear. Question. Where does one shoot a bear? Same answer as where one shoots anything. Next to a road! Have a good time eating your bear. Bear burgers and bear sausage. Good luck and good eating.

Elkhound
06-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Way to go Gary. Took the wife out last night to have a last look for a bear for her (She just got her hunting licence) but it was the first time we did not see a bear on an outing this year. Saw one coyote and 2 bunnies. Last weekend we stalked up to a 5 1/2 footer but she turned it down, was not "big enough for her" she now knows not to turn down a gift animal when you get the chance;)

Barracuda
06-16-2006, 01:52 PM
congrats on a nice bear .

gary mok
06-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Way to go Gary. Took the wife out last night to have a last look for a bear for her (She just got her hunting licence) but it was the first time we did not see a bear on an outing this year. Saw one coyote and 2 bunnies. Last weekend we stalked up to a 5 1/2 footer but she turned it down, was not "big enough for her" she now knows not to turn down a gift animal when you get the chance;) Oh....you're so luck,this was your first time didn't see a bear,I am so jealous of you, are you living in the woods ? Haha.........would you please pm me where do you usually go for bear hunting ?;) thanks!!!

Elkhound
06-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh....you're so luck,this was your first time didn't see a bear,I am so jealous of you, are you living in the woods ? Haha.........would you please pm me where do you usually go for bear hunting ?;) thanks!!!
Hahaha, actually, I do live out in the toolies. I bear hunt all over the coast here but Symon, MichelD, The Swede, and myself all got bears within 10-15min drive from my house.:biggrin:

And Off Road another member got a bear in that same area as us.

bsa30-06
06-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Congrats Gary, you got a nice lookin bear.

gary mok
06-16-2006, 11:31 PM
thank all of your greeting,hope everyone has a big harvest this up coming season. cheer Gary;)

sam
07-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Hi gary, congradulations, your brother SAM.:-P