PDA

View Full Version : Danish hunter needs some help!!

KlausNielsen
01-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Hello everybody..

Im a danish guy who comes to Vancouver in Februrary. Me and my girlfriend goes over there to study and work, and I know that I will have a lot of sparetime.
In Denmark im a dedicated hunter, and has been for some years now. Is there any possibility that someone needs a hunting partner or so in the period Februrary-August? I would need to borrow a riffle because I cant bring my own.
I will ofcourse pay for it If you would want me with. Im interested in all types of hunt, and wants to develope my skills.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards Klaus Nielsen, Denmark

hunter1947
01-02-2011, 03:53 AM
My opinion is to go take the hunter training course first then you can get your hunting license and then buy your own rifle.

You can't hunt borrow or carry a rifle in BC without taking the hunter training course.

Then get back road maps and head out into the hills and hunt. ,welcome to the site ,H-47.

bowhunterbruce
01-02-2011, 04:35 AM
being from another country klaus your going to find it is not as easy as hunter47 indicates.first of all you are not a resident here so that creates a situation,if you have a family member that had thier hunter number here in bc,they could be a hunter host for you but again there is some paperwork involved first.if this is not the case your going to have to resolve yourself to using a guide /outfitter service and you can find one of those at http://www.goabc.org/ but that is gonna cost ya some serious cash.
bhb

SHACK
01-02-2011, 07:23 AM
yup, you need to be a resident of B.C. for a one year period to hunt here, as well as take your C.O.R.E course to obtain your hunting licence.
You can obtain a hunting licence if you have a copy of one from Denmark, but this will only be good for small game, rabbits, coyotes, ducks, geese etc. For big game you will have to hire a guide, and thats gonna cost ya big!

snowhunter
01-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Goddaw Klaus, PM sent

sparkes3
01-02-2011, 12:13 PM
let me know when you get here,you wont be able to hunt but if you want to ride along for a trip i will see what can be done

KlausNielsen
01-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi Sparkes..
I would love to ride along.. Ofcourse it would be best to shoot something myself, but I would also love to get along, and learn about how to hunt the big ones.
Where are you from?

Regards Klaus

KlausNielsen
01-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the answers, I both have gun license and hunting license in DK.. That doesnt help me at all??

Regards Klaus

brno375
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the answers, I both have gun license and hunting license in DK.. That doesnt help me at all??

Regards Klaus

No. Read page 9.

www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/Hunting-TrappingSynopsis_1012Part1.pdf

ROEBUCK
01-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi Sparkes..
I would love to ride along.. Ofcourse it would be best to shoot something myself, but I would also love to get along, and learn about how to hunt the big ones.
Where are you from?

Regards Klaus

hi klaus

I would take sparkes fine offer if I was you,

as you will not be able to hunt your self unless you have a close family member here in bc.
YOU NEED TO BE IN BC FOR A FULL YEAR, BEFORE YOUR ELIGABLE FOR A RESIDENT HUNTING LISENSE
there are no loopholes or ways around it,
your danish licenses wont help you in canada im afraid.
GOOD LUCK be patient and if you stick around after a year happy hunting

Ferenc
01-03-2011, 12:04 PM
You might not be able to hunt big game...but I think you can hunt small game as I know of a someone (From Denmark) that comes out every year to hunt during the hunting season up in Dawson Creek

ROEBUCK
01-03-2011, 12:09 PM
not without a hunting license

Ferenc
01-03-2011, 12:13 PM
For sure he has a hunting license.... but only for small game! also owns a section of property up there

cavebear
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Can he not apply for non residents license, if he finds someone that will apply for the permit to accompany a non resident?

Happy hunting :-D

ROEBUCK
01-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Can he not apply for non residents license, if he finds someone that will apply for the permit to accompany a non resident?

Happy hunting :-D

it would have to be a close relative ,father,brother,son
ive taken my non resident father on a hunt,theres lots of permits to buy.
or as previously saId he can allways hire a bc guide like the rest of the non residents have to do.
there are no loopholes or getting through the back door.
the rules are in place to protect us, the licensed resident.
otherwise the place would be crawling with non residents jumping of the plane and hunting all the game.

threedhunter
01-03-2011, 02:40 PM
this man can get a non resident license and hunt small game and birds, but needs a guide/resident host to hunt big game.
sounds like $$$$$ is not too large of a bump , so may entertain a guide to take a grizzly or black at the times he sez he'll be here.

Statler
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
My opinion is to go take the hunter training course first then you can get your hunting license and then buy your own rifle.

You can't hunt borrow or carry a rifle in BC without taking the hunter training course.

Then get back road maps and head out into the hills and hunt. ,welcome to the site ,H-47.

Wayne, There are quite a few hoops he has to jump through before a non-resident can get a hunting license. If he wants to hunt on his own there are residency requirements, guided hunt options/requirements or permit to accompany options etc.
As for not being able to "borrow or carry a fifle in BC without the hunter training course" thats interesting.. that would eliminate all target sports would it not? I believe that the only requirement, for an owner of a firearm, to carry or use a firearm in BC is to have the applicable Federal firearms license or foreign (recognized equivalant) permits and licenses. The legal owner of said firearm can then lend or allow an individual ( who would have a legal entittlement) to use his firearm if he is present and at "arms length" when it is in use. This would include target shooting, clay, skeet etc. just not for the purpose of hunting (unless one has a license).
You also don't need to take a hunter training course to buy a firearm. All that is required is that you pass a simple test that can be easily acomplished through self study or a classroom venue. Then fill out the applicable paperwork and have it approved.
If I left something out or have given mis-information please feel to chime in. :-|