PDA

View Full Version : stump shooting

timbermilton
01-01-2011, 10:30 PM
anyone know of a good place to go do some stump shooting not far from langley? i've gotten bored of target butts, so i'm looking to take a stroll through the woods picking targetws as i go. so where is a good spot where people aint gonna freak on a guy?

500grhollowpoint
01-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Never heard of stump shooting. And if you are looking for a place where people aint gonna freak on a guy, you shouldn't be on this site.

I give this thread 12 hours to get locked or for you delete it.

timbermilton
01-01-2011, 10:50 PM
with a longbow dude. ya know, roving around in the woods picking targets within your max range. targets like, stumps, dead trees, fallen branches, rocks, and the like using rubber blunt heads. not shooting a 338 weatherby or 50 bmg. just traditional archery gear.

Gateholio
01-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Never heard of stump shooting. And if you are looking for a place where people aint gonna freak on a guy, you shouldn't be on this site.

I give this thread 12 hours to get locked or for you delete it.

Why would we lock a thread about a guy wanting to shoot stumps with his arrows?:confused:

bearhunter338-06
01-02-2011, 12:28 AM
I think I know where your fellow stup shooter is. I was grizz hunting 2 years ago out of Makenzie and found a half dozen arrows in stumps.

Old Crow
01-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Go up toward the Poco Gun range, just below on the right is lots of old trees and stumps. Just stay well away from the hiking/biking trails, lol
A better bet might be Golden Ears, Alouette lake area. Lots of room there off the trails. Keep your stuff in a big back pack until you get away from any trails. Check the local Bylaws first, as well, to be sure. Also Poco (PCDHFC) has a really challenging archery range, so join up there, and no worries! :D
Good shooting!