PDA

View Full Version : Archery white tail doe season.

millman911
01-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I would like to see a early season for white tail doe for archery in reg 3. Seen lots of white tail does while archery hunting this year. When the season for does open, i was hoping to fill my white tail tag with my bow. Never seen one doe.:icon_frow How do`s others feel about this.

Kirby
01-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Screw the archery season, open up another month or two of GOS

Ron.C
01-02-2011, 12:51 AM
I would like to see a early season for white tail doe for archery in reg 3. Seen lots of white tail does while archery hunting this year. When the season for does open, i was hoping to fill my white tail tag with my bow. Never seen one doe.:icon_frow How do`s others feel about this.

I say it seems to me like the opportunity to harvest a does is already there. If you are hunting for a doe during the GOS "with a gun or bow" and not seeing any does, then you are hunting in the wrong spot. Might be easier to put in a little leg work and find the does then to hope for a archery doe season.

aggiehunter
01-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Milman...Do you see a lot spotted ones in Region 3 during the early bowonly....Kirby represents the BCRF so don't pay no never mind to him.

coach
01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Milman...Do you see a lot spotted ones in Region 3 during the early bowonly....Kirby represents the BCRF so don't pay no never mind to him.

What's wrong with representing the Breast Cancer Research Foundation? And what does this have to do with hunting?

nano
01-03-2011, 09:52 PM
What's wrong with representing the Breast Cancer Research Foundation? And what does this have to do with hunting?

I hope Aggie hunter was believing BCRF meant something else. If not that was totally of topic.

coach
01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Nano - I'm sure he meant something to do with BC Rifle Federation or some variation of that. I was kidding. I didn't mean to hijack the thread..

I also think Aggie's question about spots refers to the fact that an early September doe season would be a little early for the health of fawns that are still nursing and rely on their mothers to survive. I took advantage of the late any sex whitetail bow season in region 8 this year. I think a season like this would have a better chance of being introduced in Region 3 than a September season.

Millman911 - your comments directed at a respected member of this site with over 1800 posts probably won't win you a lot of friends here.

nano
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Ok thanks, thats what I was thinking too.

GoatGuy
01-03-2011, 11:11 PM

no. havent seen any spotted one. some pretty small ones but no spots.
The white tail just moved into this area.
As for Kirby. The only time you can get 20 yards from a deer is after you shot and walk 200 yards to claim your kill. Way to give them animals a sporting chance.

Pretty sure Kirby hunts almost exclusively with the bow. :wink:

At least it sounded good.

Kirby
01-08-2011, 01:55 PM
As for Kirby. The only time you can get 20 yards from a deer is after you shot and walk 200 yards to claim your kill. Way to give them animals a sporting chance.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, might want to make that comment for someone who doesn't hunt with a bow exclusively.

Aggie whats wrong with representing the BCRF, I figure if we stop breast cancer there are more boobies out there, more boobies= more fun bags = more fun= more happiness and just maybe that means maybe we will all get along one day.

Kirby

J_T
01-08-2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA-fW6StnDU&feature=related

1:12 on the vid..... more breasts required.

Sorry for the hijack.