PDA

View Full Version : Elk in 7-42?

knightcc
01-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi Everyone

Happy New Year to all! We were talking over the holidays about hunting of course and next falls elk hunt. I just wondered if anyone has hunted the 7-42 area and if you could comment on the quantity and quality of elk in the area? I know accessibility is an issue. Thanks in advance.

C

01-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Lots of Elk in 7-42,
the Prophet, Besa rivers is a good start, can be tough access and thick too.

Get going on your google earth.

Great area for a combo moose elk hunt.

CT

hunter1947
01-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I hunted this region back 43 years ago for moose there where no elk in the center part of the region back then.

I heard that there are lots now the road we took into the east central part of the region was at 178 Alaska hi way.we headed back to the redfern lake on this road.

We drove with the trucks across the besa river in order to get back into redfern lake it was 70 miles from the hi way to redfern lake ,hope this helps you for entry excess..

elkdom
01-01-2011, 04:11 PM
recently there are good #'s of elk and moose in Reg 7-42, there are many roads off the Alaska hwy to the west all the way from Buckinghorse/Trutch to Ft Nelson, and lots of good hunting op's for elk, moose with quads or on foot, and if you have a river boat ?, the possibilities are endless!