PDA

View Full Version : United Bowhunters of BC

huntwriter
12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
I am looking for contact information, e-mail preferred, for the United Bowhunters of British Columbia. I would appreciate if someone could provide me with a contact. Thanks you.

I've tried the contacts provided on the UBBC website. All are returned as "error". Does anybody update that website with contacts and links that actually work?

Ron.C
12-31-2010, 06:47 PM
PM Hermit or Coyote. I beleive they were involved with the UBBC in the past and may be able to help

Big Lew
12-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I had no problem accessing their site, including their E-mail site by using "united bowhunters of b.c."

Bow Walker
12-31-2010, 07:59 PM
UBBC Contact Information

Mailing Address

United Bowhunters of British Columbia
2491 Dolly Varden Road
Campbell River, BC
V9W 4W5

E-mails

General Inquiries: info@ubbc.ca (info@ubbc.ca)

huntwriter
12-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks Ron.C I'll try that.

Big Lew, the problem is not accessing the site. The problem is that when you use any of the provided email addresses on the website they will be returned to you as "Unknown address error 550". Which means, the mailer can't find the address because it either is incorrect or it does not exist anymore.

The Hermit
12-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Contact either the president J_T here on HBC or myself as the VP.

huntwriter
12-31-2010, 08:06 PM
UBBC Contact Information

Mailing Address

United Bowhunters of British Columbia
2491 Dolly Varden Road
Campbell River, BC
V9W 4W5

E-mails

General Inquiries: info@ubbc.ca (info@ubbc.ca)

Thanks Bow Walker, but as stated in my previous post the info@ubbc.ca or any other email addresses do not work and come back as "error". One would think that organizations, or anyone having a website, would check and update them regularly, especially the contacts.

huntwriter
12-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Contact either the president J_T here on HBC or myself as the VP.

Thanks Hermit I will do that. To that end could you provide me with an email address per PM. I would appreciate that. Thanks.

Bow Walker
12-31-2010, 08:08 PM
OK - PM The Hermit or J_T, or drop them a line via snail-mail.

The Hermit
01-01-2011, 10:22 AM
The UBBC website emails were being hit by thousands of spam-mail... we don't have a lot of money for paid web admin so shut that part of the site down. If any talented web guy would like to volunteer to keep up with the web site I'm sure a membership would be in the offing!!

Stéphane
01-01-2011, 10:27 AM
What are the benefits of being a member? I checked the website, but I couldn't quite see what they offered for one like myself.

The Hermit
01-01-2011, 12:18 PM
What are the benefits of being a member? I checked the website, but I couldn't quite see what they offered for one like myself.

From the UBBC Website...

The United Bowhunters of British Columbia (UBBC) is a province wide bowhunting lobby group that works to represent all bowhunters in all areas of the province.

The UBBC provides the bowhunter with an opportunity to participate as a legitimate stakeholder in hunting opportunity discussions directed by the Ministry of Environment.

Through credibility and leadership, coordinating the voice of the bowhunter in BC.

One voice, one objective, bowhunting opportunity.

That about sums it up... if you are concerned about and interested in the promotion of bowhunting opportunity the UBBC works on your behalf to protect current opportunity and promote additional opportunity where there will be no negative impact on wildlife populations.

Our view is that increased bowhunting means increased opportunity for ALL licensed hunters that choose to acquire ANY legal archery equipment, learn its limits, become proficient, and get out there to enjoy extended seasons. We also appreciate that increasing bowhunting opportunity means added economic stimulus for the hunting marketplace and those support services and suppliers.

We operate on a regional basis, and try to work in concert with the regional wildlife committees providing the bowhunter's perspective on wildlife management plans.

Happy New Year!

The Hermit
01-01-2011, 12:23 PM

I note from your picture that you hunt with a recurve!! You might also consider joining the Traditional Bowhunters of British Columbia. (TBBC) The TBBC holds a number of 3-D shoots around the Province each year and sponsors the annual Provincial Championships.

A great group of guys and a lot of fun! http://tbbc.kics.bc.ca/

Bow Walker
01-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Hermit - that's an older model compound bow right there.

Stéphane
01-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Hermit - that's an older model compound bow right there.
Damn you Bow Walker, I could have won the prize for the trad. bow photo contest. Now, I'm uncovered :wink:.

Thanks for all the info guys, I'll see what I'll do.

Ron.C
01-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I note from your picture that you hunt with a recurve!!

Shit Hermit, reminds me of what we were talking about at your place a few days ago,

maybe try this!!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/imagesCASL6CZ6.jpg

Bow Walker
01-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Damn you Bow Walker, I could have won the prize for the trad. bow photo contest. Now, I'm uncovered :wink:.

Thanks for all the info guys, I'll see what I'll do.
Oops! Yet another example of "foot-in-mouth" disease. :oops:

The Hermit
01-01-2011, 11:33 PM
A hahaha okay I even have my glasses on... I still don't see the wheels!! And Ron - I'm taking donations, eye surgery doesn't come cheap!!

Ron.C
01-02-2011, 12:00 AM
I tell you what Bill. I'll be the eyes, you be the brains and we'll see how that works for a spring archery bear!!!!

Stéphane
01-02-2011, 08:32 AM
A hahaha okay I even have my glasses on... I still don't see the wheels!!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/yol68/IMG_2653-1.jpg