PDA

View Full Version : cabelas

tarzan
12-31-2010, 09:37 AM
yesterday, my wife and 5 kids jumped in the expedition and went to cabelas in lacey ,wa. for a little one day road trip. Boy, you know your in a different country when ther is a sign at the front door that reads " please check your firearms". Any ways , everyone had fun shopping in there for about 4 hours even the girls , who afterwards said dad all this stuff is pretty cool . i am not much of a gun nut but any of you guys who are might want to take a trip there to see there pretty impressive selection.

brno375
12-31-2010, 09:46 AM
It is kind of like Disneyland but better. There is a lot of stuff there but not everything that is in their catalog/on-line. If you know what you want, order it and have it delivered to the store for pick-up. One thing that disappoints me is that as a non-resident of Washington I do not have to pay the sales tax but Cabela's has not come up to speed yet for us Canadians. They ask if I am from Idaho or other States. Wholesale Sports will tally your bill without the tax. It is on the other side (East) of the I-5 on that same exit, on your left (North).

Hunt'n Guide
12-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Brno 375 makes a great point. After going to CAbelas a couple of times and not finding the items that I was specifically looking for now I order what I want for pickup in store. That way what you want is there for sure. Makes clothing shopping easy. Pick it up, try it on, hand it back if it doesn't fit or isn't what you expected from the cataolgue. Saves time too.

tarzan
12-31-2010, 10:55 AM
one of the reasons i wanted to go was to check out the selection of camo and boots, i am going on my first cougar hunt in a couple of weeks and i wanted a better pair of boots for running after the hounds. i tried on danner and irish setters for about an hour, finally getting the irish setters which retail up here for $ 220, i paid $80 on sale there. the selection of everything was great with lots of sizes

Ron.C
12-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Love Cabelas.

I've been to several different Cabela's/Bass Pro shops now and enjoy myself everytime I go. Sure, Like Hunt'n Guide said they don't always carry the item your after but like said above, if you know you are going to a specific store, call ahead and see if the store carries the item you are after, if not they will have the item brought in for you for pick up. You have to pay upfront, but Cabelas has one of the best return policies. I have done this twice and on one occasion, when I got there the item " a rain jacket" wasn't quite the quality I was after "too noisy". I simply returned the item on the spot at no charge to myself.

There are always instore deals that you can't get online to. I did get very lucky at the Post falls Idaho Cabelas a couple years back and by chance hit the store the week they were blowing out the previous falls camo clothing and hunting gear. I picked up A Dry Plus Insulated Bib, Matching pullover jacket, two pairs of pants, and two hats, a jacket for my son, two shirts for my daughter, two HS Scent Shower kits, and a 6 pack of muzzy broadheads, a handfull of stickers and had a elk burger the size of my face. All total was just under $140 US.

My wife and I are heading down into the States in March and will definetely be visiting Lacey Wa Cabelas

AltaElkhunter
12-31-2010, 11:39 AM
When I was there this past summer I did not have to pay there sales tax, but they said only because I am from Alberta, now that BC has HST BC residents have to pay there sales tax. No idea why that is, but they had no problem with the form for me. I did not find most of there prices any better than here though, I was surprised at that.

dabat
12-31-2010, 12:12 PM
I am very scared of going into a Cabelas. This past summer on our way to Yellowstone, I had informed the wife we would be stopping in Post Falls for a "quick stop". Never did tell her where until she saw me turning into the parking lot to the "greatest place on earth". I told her I would be no more than an hour and was giving myself a paltry $100. What I should have said was $100 per hour. Five and a half hours later.....do the math. The best part though, she really enjoyed going there as did the kids and we are planning a Lacey trip in the next couple of months. My credit card is already trembling.