PDA

View Full Version : Liberty l Compound Bow

RoscoeP
12-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Has anyone seen this bow yet. Supposed to be smallest compound bow in the world. 20.5" Axle to axle. 2.3 lbs, IBO 308 338 fps light arrows. A 65 lb bow is 9 lb at full draw, 85 percent letoff. It looks neat enough, the limbs seem to come right together with a complex looking handle system.
A package with accessories, case, bow tool shipping and 20 day trial is $896. They claim no hand shock and a 90 somthing percent buy rate after trying. Google it up and check it out. Don't think I would buy one but it would suit some people I guess.:confused: Cheers Roscoe

Ddog
12-30-2010, 02:34 PM
This bow came out in 2004 or 2005, it was the talk of our hunting group then and we were all pretty impressed with the idea of it.
it still seems pretty neat but also seems to have lost its first impressions of most.
I still want one just to have it, but for that price i think i will get something different for sure.

Bow Walker
01-01-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.libertyarchery.com/

I watched a shooter use one at an indoor 3D event a few years ago. It was up in Nanoose Bay, at the Pentecostal Camp.

The bow is as weird/funny looking in 'person' as it appears to be in the pictures. It spat out arrows at a very reasonable speed, but was a bit noisier than any other bow that was shot that day. The shooter was not as accurate as he could've been, I think he was a new archer and would no doubt benefit from more practice with the bow.

It was very interesting to watch the Liberty being used, but it's not one that will ever make my stable.

Coast mountain guy
01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
The man who designed the bow made a number of prototypes and sent them to different shops and shooters and asked them to try it and let him know of any flaws. After a awhile he recieved the info he needed and all the bows back and built another. He finished the bow approx 3 weeks before a Las Vegas world 3d shoot and won almost shooting a perfect score.Not bad for only a short time.

Bowzone_Mikey
01-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Coast Mountain .... Kinda curious where you seen that a liberty won a Vegas 3D ... #1 Vegas 3D doesnt mean alot as its part of the world archery festival ... a small part considering ... people are there for the paper ... not the foam .... the Quote on the home page was from Dave Barnsdale ... not Howard Winther(the desinger and president of Liberty archery) and it states that he shot a 300 NAFF (Vegas)score (Big 10)... and not at Vegas ... he was the 05 Vegas winner ... shooting his own stuff ... Perhaps you have heard of Barnsdale limbs, Only a level the whole industry hopes to acheive one day .... and to be perfectly honest with you ... seeing Dave Barnsdale shoot in person a few times ... he could go to the back yard and get a piece of willow tie a string to it and shoot a 300 vegas score as everyone in vegas can shoot a 300 ... the winner is decided by the number of Xs hit. Last guy that won Vegas did so with a 15ish X count in the final round.

Coast mountain guy
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm probably wrong! I heard that from an unreliable source(my father) He was all about the liberty about 4 years ago and wanted to sell it in his store so I think he was hyping it up! I'm a longbow shooter so wheels are kinda a put off for me,but to each his own. Must have been trying to sell me one!LOL!!