PDA

View Full Version : Bison COMPULSORY REPORTING

BiG Boar
12-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I am not sure if I have to.

The bison hunting package sent out was dated 2009. It said I had to compulsorty report my bison.

However the regs state this:

COMPULSORY REPORTING
A person who takes or kills the following species
in any Management Unit:
• lynx • wolverine • bobcat
• wolf in Regions 1, 2, 4
must, within 30 days after the date of the kill,
report in person or by mail:
1. their name, address, telephone number and
Hunter Number,
2. the location where the animal was killed,
3. the date the animal was killed,

Craddosk
12-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Do it even if you don't have it. It's not hard, and provides better data for research.

CanuckShooter
12-29-2010, 02:37 PM
The bison package said you had to compulsory report...so why are you even questioning it??

lilhoss
12-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Find out "where" you were supposed to do "your compulsory reporting" and contact them about it.I think some areas and species have dropped some of the reporting due to staffing shortages.The area you hunted this year and the species should indicate if you have to.
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/docs/hunter_compulsory_report.pdf

"return this form by mail, or report by phone to (250) 387-9777 or in person, to
offices identified on the front of the form."

KB90
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
The bison package said you had to compulsory report...so why are you even questioning it??

He told you why, it was dated 2009, he wants to know if maybe it has changed?

d6dan
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
For Bison,

Successful hunters must, within 30 days of the kill, report in person or by mail to the Victoria Fish and
Wildlife Branch, using a Harvest Data Card, the following information:
• location of the kill • date of the kill • number of days hunted • sex of the animal taken.

Marlin375
12-29-2010, 04:47 PM
If I remember correctly I got mailed a harvest questionare and reported my kill then.

Bighorn hunter
12-29-2010, 05:48 PM
It is stated in the leh synopsis under the bison codes that it is compulory to have inspected.

Cheers
BH

tomahawk
12-29-2010, 05:57 PM

X 2, your package is the gospel regardless of a date.

Whisky Creek
12-29-2010, 06:21 PM
My package from this year (Nov 15th to Nov 30th hunt date) had information and paperwork to compulsory report within 30 days.
So I did.....
CLINT

BiG Boar
12-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Weird that it's not in the regs. Other animals are in the regs. Even LEH only animals like grizzly. I figured the bison mail out was just old material. Why does the regs say you have to compulsory some animals but not all of them? Was trying to do it, but the regs didn't say I had to, so I thought I'd ask here. The guy who compuloried my goat didn't know anything about bison.

Bighorn hunter
12-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Weird that it's not in the regs. Other animals are in the regs. Even LEH only animals like grizzly. I figured the bison mail out was just old material. Why does the regs say you have to compulsory some animals but not all of them? Was trying to do it, but the regs didn't say I had to, so I thought I'd ask here. The guy who compuloried my goat didn't know anything about bison.

it is in the leh synopsis

BiG Boar
12-30-2010, 11:49 AM
it is in the leh synopsis

Its funny. I searched the 2010-2011 LEH synopsis and its not compulory next year.

Now where do I get a harvest data card?

Whisky Creek
12-30-2010, 05:58 PM
The harvest data sheet was, or should have been, in the bison package that they mailed to you. At least mine was.
CLINT

Bighorn hunter
12-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Its funny. I searched the 2010-2011 LEH synopsis and its not compulory next year.

Where did you see that it is not compulsory for next year? Did they not send the card with the rest of your bison info?

Cheers
BH

BiG Boar
01-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Where did you see that it is not compulsory for next year? Did they not send the card with the rest of your bison info?

Cheers
BH

It says in the regs what is compulsory for 2011.

Anyways, I called it in and the person filling out the form didnt even know if they were still compulsory, so we just did it anyways.

Steeleco
01-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Organized disorganization, good thing our tag money is going to some good use!!

ufishifish2
01-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Can't wait, can't wait. Heading out in the morning on our way up for Bison. Brrr it's going to be cold.
Thanks for reminding me about the compulsory inspection. Hope I need it!!

Jagermeister
01-13-2011, 03:05 AM
Weird that it's not in the regs. Other animals are in the regs. Even LEH only animals like grizzly. I figured the bison mail out was just old material. Why does the regs say you have to compulsory some animals but not all of them? Was trying to do it, but the regs didn't say I had to, so I thought I'd ask here. The guy who compuloried my goat didn't know anything about bison.Weird that you have not filled it out and sent it in!
And, WTF is this word, compuloried?

hunter1947
01-13-2011, 03:28 AM
Big Boar Its a good idea to report helps the management for there research.

jml11
01-13-2011, 09:02 AM

From the 2010-2011 LEH Synopsis under Bison:

Successful hunters must, within 30 days of the kill, report in person or by mail to the Victoria Fish and Wildlife Branch, using a Harvest Data Card, the following information:
• location of the kill • date of the kill • number of days hunted • sex of the animal taken.

I guess we will know more when the 2011-2012 LEH Synopsis comes out in a couple of months.

BiG Boar
01-13-2011, 09:22 AM
From the 2010-2011 LEH Synopsis under Bison:

Successful hunters must, within 30 days of the kill, report in person or by mail to the Victoria Fish and Wildlife Branch, using a Harvest Data Card, the following information:

I guess we will know more when the 2011-2012 LEH Synopsis comes out in a couple of months.

Ya, its just funny that in the regs its states all the animals that you have to compulsory report, except bison. Also, you don't have to report in person or by mail, you can do it over the phone, which is so much easier. Although the person on the phone isn't sure if you have to report bison this year. :?