PDA

View Full Version : Duck Lake

.300WSMImpact!
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Anybody out on the ice on duck lake? is it safe I saw it was froze over, but not sure if it has been cold enough in the valley bottoms for think enough ice,

thanks

Dannybuoy
12-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Are you talking about Duck lake between winfield and kelowna? if so yes it is frozen , I stopped and talked to two old guys fishing there today just because I couldnt imagine what the heck they were fishing for . They did have one sucker on the ice and said the occaisonal perch was caught YaY .
swan lake just north of vernon has 7-8 inches of ice and alot of small perch and a few good rainbows are being caught
If you are talking about a different Duck lake disregard this post

.300WSMImpact!
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Are you talking about Duck lake between winfield and kelowna? if so yes it is frozen , I stopped and talked to two old guys fishing there today just because I couldnt imagine what the heck they were fishing for . They did have one sucker on the ice and said the occaisonal perch was caught YaY .
swan lake just north of vernon has 7-8 inches of ice and alot of small perch and a few good rainbows are being caught
If you are talking about a different Duck lake disregard this post

great thanks, I am hoping to get my daughter out, that is the spot,

Pete
12-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Be careful going out on the ice. 4in for walking on. Carry ice tongs or a pole to get you out if you go through. PFD is also a good idea.

knockturnal
12-30-2010, 01:00 PM
i dunno why youd want to fish that lake. Its a muddy cesepool of garbage. Its full of suckers and carp. Those guys you talked to out there musy have been ukranian or somewhat of the likes. Those guys will eat anything!! If you want to fish for perch, try going up to Bear lake off of westside road. It shoudl be plowed all the way to there as they are logging up the road farther. Theres tons of perch and little rainbows in there.