PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys hunt after the bear season ends.

TOP_PREDATOR
06-13-2006, 11:40 PM
What do you guys hunt over the spring/summer months??
Is there any big game that can be hunted??
When and what big game animals open first??
Bird season is going very well down here i must post some photos.

death-junky
06-14-2006, 07:07 AM
I work then I got school so I dont even know if Ill get out this fall.
ttyal
Riley

ryanb
06-14-2006, 07:19 AM
Many big game seasons up in the Northern part of the province open August 15th, but for most of us it's september when hunting season begins. Generally, the only hunting in the summer months is varmint hunting.

todbartell
06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
cougar huntin'

Hanrahan
06-14-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't know where you hunt, but deer is open now on the Queen Charlottes. Bucks only for june july and august i think and then all deer for the rest of the year until february some time. Theyre just little sitka deer but some of them get to be a decent size. And posession limit is 5. 15 for the whole year. But if you talk to the CO when you get there he may let you take more than the 5 you're allowed if its your only trip over. They're some of the tastiest deer i've ever had.

bigwhiteys
06-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Stone Sheep opens August 1st...

Happy Hunting!
Carl

MichelD
06-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Clay pigeons

Gateholio
06-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Timer to work up a couple of loads, do lots of practice at the range, get all the gear dialed in, and do some backcountry wekkend hiking trips.:-D

bckev
06-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Fish, bass mostly.

Maxx
06-14-2006, 01:01 PM
cougar huntin'

Now how did I know that you were going to say that!!!:-D

Krico
06-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Salmon and Steelhead...Until sheep season opens.

wetcoaster
06-14-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm with Krico and switch to salmon on the chuck and trout in the lakes. I just got back from the Merritt area: 25 trout in 3 days of fishing, many on the dry fly as the Mayfly hatch was on!

Steeleco
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Long for Sept, and hopefully not eat all the bear I got in the spring!!

Acutally load testing and teaching the kid to shoot, hopefully he'll be ready for the 30-30 come sept.

Bow Walker
06-14-2006, 04:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken - Deer Season for Bowhunters opens up about the last week in August, just before the gun season starts. Usually it's pretty hot then, but a hot, sweaty day in the woods beats an air conditioned day at work any time!!

livingston
06-14-2006, 04:59 PM
I am going to try and get out and scout some new area for blacktail as well as try and find some new trout fishing locations:-D

3kills
06-14-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm with Krico and switch to salmon on the chuck and trout in the lakes. I just got back from the Merritt area: 25 trout in 3 days of fishing, many on the dry fly as the Mayfly hatch was on!

where abouts were u fishin around here...i have heard of a few lakes that people have been doin awesome on lately...i aint much of a fisher any more so i dont get out maybe once every couple years....

~T-BONE~
06-14-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm gonna scout out hard my alpine areas to locate another top 10 Blacktail to add to my wall!:twisted: I did find a shed last fall which would easily fit this category;) Monster Blacktail In Velvet on the season opener should keep me motivated thru the summer:-D When I'm not using my u-boat in those alpine lakes for trout on the fly:cool:

Thunderstix
06-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, I hope to go arrow some bucks with Hanrahan in the Charlottes in the next few weeks.

Bison
06-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Gophers..what else.

youngfellla
06-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Late spring & summer I spend quite a bit of time hunting through the bottom of the cooler lookin for that last beer :-D

I like to do a lot of load developement, lots of shooting, a bit of scouting, and getting in shape for backpacking in the mountains.

wetcoaster
06-14-2006, 09:57 PM
where abouts were u fishin around here...i have heard of a few lakes that people have been doin awesome on lately...i aint much of a fisher any more so i dont get out maybe once every couple years....

3 kills,

We were at Corbett Lake, I also fished the Kane Lakes on the way out for a day and had great luck, Harmon Lake was the only one not producing. Murray Lake and Tunkwa also have produced pretty well for me in the past. It's an annual trip now amongst the group I go with to hit Corbett. We booked one of the cabins for 3 days for next year around this time. It kills me to pay to fish but the comforts allow the whole group to get together as a few of the fellows aren't getting around very well due to some health issues and believe me I am getting used to it in a hurry. Great fishing, good accomodation, excellent service and great food for a fairly reasonable price at the Corbett Country Inn.

The mayfly hatch is always hit or miss this time of year in and around Merritt it's here one minute gone the next but if you see them drying their wings on the water and fish slashing at the surface change to a dry mayfly pattern and hold on. Damsel fly nymph patters in green are deadly throughout June at Corbett and was what was producing at the Kane Lakes as well.

3kills
06-15-2006, 07:59 AM
ya corbett lake has some really good fishing...i use to fish the kane lakes alot when i was younger and it was always some good fishin there....

LeverActionJunkie
06-15-2006, 08:24 AM
I do lots of load tinkering, and even more varmint shooting. I have .22 rimfire and centerfire versions of my main hunting rifles which I practice with. A friends and In-laws around here own some hayfields so the gopher shooting is pretty steady, then of course crows and magpies come around toeat the gophers, and they are good fun too. Explodin varmints, too much fun :)

puppychow
06-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Freshwater fishing, Bass and Trout on a flyrod. Hunt again in the fall. Love the outdoors.

farside
06-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Well. since we will be in Ucluelet for July and August I guess Hubby will fish like a fool and maybe do a charter or 5 on his weeks off. I am there to work pretty much dawn til dusk 5 days a week. Then I can go fishing when I am not exhausted or packing the darn fish he has caught or running back home to the other side of the island for whatever reason. I know. Whine Whine Whine. That is the problem when you work for a fishing resort - you never get time to fish when the fishing is great.

hoochie
06-19-2006, 03:53 AM
hunting to fishing... always doing something productive outdoors. Also as others have said, time to reload, and I often switch to get more practice with my handguns. I usually reload lots for the handguns, and try to do 20-40 rounds of rifle every few months. The .22 I can go all day, so I also make up targets of different shapes, sizes and materials... all to keep me sharp. I love my hobbies!

Fred
06-19-2006, 08:41 AM
After Spring Bear the hunt for that elusive gold nugget continues! 8-) Sides, it is an excuse to be out there scouting and carrying a fishin pole! ;) Fred

nykoma
06-19-2006, 04:00 PM
bring out the arrows and practice til the early season opens

brotherjack
06-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Hrmm.... what all is on Schedule C again? (LOL)...

SAVAGE300
06-19-2006, 10:02 PM
I shoot halibut right beside the boat ya cant miss em

Ltbullken
06-20-2006, 04:04 AM
Targets at the range...usually get 'em real good! :lol: