PDA

View Full Version : Packing Up For Buff Hunt Yea!

wccougar
12-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Well its a couple days away from hittin the ferry and off to the north. Sleds are loaded and everything is ready. Now we won't sleep for the next couple days for excitment. We are staying at the ranch and planning to take are time driving up. If your tag is for Jan 1st and your at the ranch we will looking forward to meeting you and having a few new years eve drinks. we,ll keep you posted on the hunt.:-D

partner
12-27-2010, 09:01 PM
We will see u there. Maybe u will be done by the time we get there!

wccougar
12-27-2010, 09:08 PM
We have 2 tags so I hope we get lucky quick but we would like to hunt for a few days anyway. my husband wants to try for a wolf or coyote too. You are coming in on the 1st or 2nd? Vern said that if we showed up new years eve he might be drunk and still drunk in the morning haha. We'll see you there:-D

Mik
12-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Hoping to be there, but around the 9th of January. Leave one for us :)

srupp
12-28-2010, 04:44 AM
good luck some good results on bison so far this year..

Steven

hunter1947
12-28-2010, 05:08 AM
All my best wishes on your hunt be safe and shoot straight will be looking forward to seeing your wright up and pictures ,good luck http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

bridger
12-28-2010, 06:32 AM
hopefully you will get lucky with the weather temps are forecasted to moderate over the next few days. good luck.

BiG Boar
12-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Things to pack: Snowmobile mitts (not gloves), super warm boots (bunny boots), stick on foot warmers, snowmobile helmet or goggles that won't fog up, (not just a baliclava or face mask as the wind is awful) couple of lighters with firestarter to get warm during lunch. Cheers, and good luck. Oh and de grease your firing pin before you get there. Use powdered graphite as a lubricant.

partner
12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Rob & Lynda I am going to try and make it for the 2nd. Vern has been known to go to town and party and leave the gate locked with no way in for a few days. Best to phone him and remind him your still coming. His memory ain't what it used to be! See u when we arrive! I pack all my regular snowmobile gear, including the helmets. That's what it is meant for. U need to layer so u can strip it off if you have to stalk. Hopefully the pressure's off over the holidays and snow will bring them down the mountains and onto the valley bottom. It won't be much fun draggin them of the mountain.

Fraink
12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Good luck everyone !! Wish I were going !