PDA

View Full Version : the ultimate hunting/fishing website?

darrin6109
12-27-2010, 02:05 PM
if you had a hunting /fishing website what would you want to see on it?
not interested in forums, Marc has already done a great job with that, and its not a site to sell merch.
any ideas would be great!
thanks
darrin

sarg
12-27-2010, 02:14 PM
lots of pics

bigwhiteys
12-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Hunting Stories, Pictures, Gear Reviews, Other Interesting Hunting/Fishing Sites, How-To's etc...

Never an end to how much hunting and fishing content one can create. The more outdoors websites out there in cyberspace the better.

Carl

BigfishCanada
12-27-2010, 03:05 PM
People will not like what I would want, but I want a hunting/fishing website which is region specific. I enjoy reading SOuthern BC fishing hunting stories because thats the area I fish and hunt in! (And live in)

bigwhiteys
12-27-2010, 03:18 PM
People will not like what I would want, but I want a hunting/fishing website which is region specific. I enjoy reading SOuthern BC fishing hunting stories because thats the area I fish and hunt in! (And live in)

That's a really good idea, but the reality is you won't find enough people to continually post fresh content for any one specific region/locale on a website other than a forum.

You could always start your own site for that region and post your own content. I've made it pretty easy, with my site as I have a multi-user installation with wordpress and my own server so I give away these hunting sites for free. They are not forums though, they are a Blog but you can still add stories, pics and video.

Carl