PDA

View Full Version : Quad helmut-3 XL help.

lilhoss
12-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Alright all you quad riders,a little help please.I used to ride off road with an Honda XL 600 years ago and loved the full faced helmut with the tip down visor,so I want to go that route again.Problem I am having is finding one to try on in the size I want.All the 2 xl's don't fit,I've got around the 8-8 1/8 sized melon so I need a 3xl.I wanted something simple in the camo or flat black look because it will get used.Crappy Tire,Walmart,Nanaimo motorsports,Honda,etc.I've found a few internet order ones but really wanted to try one on before "pointing and clicking to buy"
Any advice or pointers? Thanx crew!
http://www.vegahelmet.com/images_street/altura_helmets/altura_black.jpg ?
If I have to I will go with the type with the full face/jaw and a set of riding goggles.Still need the xxxl.

scallywag
12-27-2010, 11:24 AM
spunkys in parkville has an awesome selection of helmets

bigwhiteys
12-27-2010, 11:25 AM
spunkys in parkville has an awesome selection of helmet
I would have mentioned the same. They seem to have a good selection for around here.

Carl

375 ultramag
12-27-2010, 11:36 AM
I got one similar to the one you got pictured and are real nice, but the the little lady has one where the jaw piece flips up also. Think I might go that way next time.

boxhitch
12-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Online at Royal Distributing maybe ?
Canadian and easy to deal with on returns.

goatdancer
12-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Alright all you quad riders,a little help please.I used to ride off road with an Honda XL 600 years ago and loved the full faced helmut with the tip down visor,so I want to go that route again.Problem I am having is finding one to try on in the size I want.All the 2 xl's don't fit,I've got around the 8-8 1/8 sized melon so I need a 3xl.I wanted something simple in the camo or flat black look because it will get used.Crappy Tire,Walmart,Nanaimo motorsports,Honda,etc.I've found a few internet order ones but really wanted to try one on before "pointing and clicking to buy"
Any advice or pointers? Thanx crew!
http://www.vegahelmet.com/images_street/altura_helmets/altura_black.jpg ?
If I have to I will go with the type with the full face/jaw and a set of riding goggles.Still need the xxxl.

I have one that looks like that in a 3xl or 4xl (can't remember for sure). I bought it at the Honda quad/motorcycle store in Kelowna a few years ago. Those real-man sizes are very hard to find (I'm not selling it) and it took quite a long time to find it. Most places don't carry those sizes but you might get lucky at a good motorcycle shop. Good luck.