PDA

View Full Version : Ice Fish PG

fester
12-26-2010, 10:03 AM
So I have lived here for a little under 2 years. Because of work, kids and other aspects of life that get in the way of outdoors time, fishing has been scaled back.
I want to get some more ice fishing in this year. Where do you guys recommend. I was looking at the backroads mapbook and saw Eaglet lake is spoken of.
Where else??
I have no snowmobile but I am willing to hoof it. I have been to Ferguson, Eena, and Eskers?? It would be nice to get into some larger fish.

ryanhuntslots
12-26-2010, 11:55 AM
I'll be trying Mcleod over the holiday here,, let you know how it works out! which lake in eskers did you try? Most guys seem to go to kathie but camp lake is also good. Of course for there is always dragon in Quesnel if you dont mind the drive south. Williston causeway is also a good one.

Chuck
12-26-2010, 12:02 PM
What about Cluclz? Not too far and easy access. Haven't been there in ages and ages.

hillclimber
12-26-2010, 03:27 PM
try this website lots of guys in the north there may be willing to offer some advise. you'll have to sign up to post btw.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=24.0

ryanhuntslots
12-26-2010, 05:02 PM
What about Cluclz? Not too far and easy access. Haven't been there in ages and ages.

I think the water on Cluculz is still a little soft??

Benthos
12-26-2010, 06:17 PM
what species are you looking for? if you want some big lakers or bull trout, the williston causeway was a good suggestion.

big rainbows, dragon is good.

but, sounds like you've already hit some decent local lakes. i've fished eena quite a bit so far this winter and have done really well. but, fish are all <2lbs.

cluculz might be okay for smaller rainbows, but there are some big lakers in there (catch and release), in addition to burbot.

eaglet is full of coarse fish

MooseNuts
12-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Eena is close and is a good lake if you want to take the kids. Tabor can be good. There are many lakes behind and around Chief Lk that are easily accessed.

fester
12-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I was in Eskers last year and we went to Kathie and ice fished and this summer I went to camp and kathie and just cast from shore. That sure is pretty in there.

There are tonnes up in chief lake area my stomping grounds.

Did I ask up all the ones along the highway up going north?? Kerry Lake adn others I can't think of names at the moment.

fester
12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Rainbows are fine.
I think the burbot would be fun as I have not ever fished them.

thetackdriver
12-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Cobb lake is always successful and we have pulled some nice brookies out of ness. heading there tomorrow to try our luck. Another good lake is ten mile just out of quesnel. Lots of kokanee in there and probably the best tasting fish imo

fester
12-27-2010, 11:25 AM
I gotta get the backroads book out of the truck Cobb and Mcleod I will look up and check them out.
I am going to try to head to Eena tommorrow.

The Dawg
12-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Cobb is towards vanderhoof, on ur right side. Turn at Finmoore road and go up about 5-6km or so. You'll see a small sign for a campground saying Cobb lake. Turn there, its a few hundred yards down.

And McLeod is the big lake on the left side about an hour north of Pg ;)

Post pics of your day!

fester
12-27-2010, 04:08 PM
If anyone wants to come we will be at Eena sometime after 1230 Tuesday. I have a shepherd cross that I will have with me.

Geordie

killman
12-27-2010, 08:36 PM
If anyone wants to come we will be at Eena sometime after 1230 Tuesday. I have a shepherd cross that I will have with me.

Geordie

I was there.:mrgreen:

fester
12-27-2010, 09:44 PM
How did you do??

fester
12-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Well We didn't go to Eena one of my friends wanted to come with his family and heard that they are still investigating the death on the lake. I had sorta forgotten about that. So we went to Ferguson. I caught one about 15 inches. It was a beautiful day.

killman
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
How did you do??

We where not really fishin hard:wink:. One of the kids got one.

Benthos
12-28-2010, 11:00 PM
i've been to eena lake 3 times in the last 2 weeks. it has been super hot in the right spots. each time out I landed around 10 fish in 3 hours, although most in the 14-17 range, so not super huge.

Brett
12-28-2010, 11:01 PM
gotta use maggots !!!

fester
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Update

I finally went to Eena Lake.
It was quite slow we got a couple about a lb. And then we moved to the side of the island that the boat launch is on and had no bites for over an hour when a big one hammered my hook. I weighed him when I got home and he was a solid two lbs.
It was a good day.
I was using a bit of the mikes trout glo, a green bead head and a bit of shrimp.