PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel Area-Cabins and maps?

Wildman
06-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I am planning a hunting trip this year with some friends to the Quesnel Area, spacifically around Batnuni Lake. What I was wondering is if anyone had any contact information regarding cabin rentals or where I could get some maps from? Thanks for your time, Vadim.

Rob
06-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Im not sure where that lake is but i had a cabin booked last year at Morehead lake which was just west of the town of Likely. As far as Maps go I picked up my topo in Kamloops at Universal Reproductions(i think thats right).

Wildman
06-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Thank you!

Wildman
06-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Anyone know the name of a hunting store in the Quesnel area
? Maybe they would be able to refer me to someone who knows about cabins available for renting during the hunting season located 100km west of Quesnel.

MB_Boy
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Vadim.......just did this quick search for you.

First is a bunch of listing for "quesnel area"
http://bc.allpages.com/quesnel/travel-tourism/lodging/

Here is a "resort" at the lake.

http://listings.allpages.com/bc-0031846330-quesnel.html

i6s1
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
My cuz has is building a cabin about 45 min West of Quenel, near Tzenzicut Lake. I'll ask if he'd consider renting it out if you're interested.

There is also a Lodge on Tzenzicut itself.

oldtimer
06-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Vadim ... there is no game up here to hunt !!!!!!! But if your willing to waste your time , the best hunting store in town is Frank's at the top of Dragon lake hill. Sorry I don't know about cabins. Mike

3kills
06-13-2006, 07:55 PM
ahhhh goood old franks.....

Wildman
06-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys!

Hey i6s1, about your cuz's cabin, I will do some resurch first......... but that may be an option!

And oldtimer Mike, about there being no game! Really??!! One of the buddies I'm going with is originally from Quesnel, and he seems to think otherwise, thanks for the warning though!

Again, thank you all for your imput, it was really appricated!

Vadim

farside
06-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Are you in around Nazko. Try Fishpot Lake resort

Boo
06-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Batnuni is no where near Likely or Tzenzaicut (Fish) lake. It is also a fair jog - 1-2 hours - North of Nazko and even further from Fishpot.

You can try calling the BATNUNI LAKE RESORT which is about 130 km North-West of Quesnel, along the Batnuni Lake oad which is off of the Blackwater Road.. Be aware they are well known for NOT returning phone calls and at times it seems the resort is closed more often than it is open.

Wildman
06-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes,

Thanks I have got in touch with Fishpot Lake Resort, and have foun a radio phone number for Batnuni Lake, which nobody seems to answer ( I have been calling for 3 days straight now! ) But I have contacted some ranchers around Batnuni Lake!

Thanks again everyone!

4pointhunter
06-17-2006, 01:34 AM
hey i am thinking of heading up around fishpot lake this year for moose, (hopefully) if we get a draw, would you mind shareing any info about the resort.

thanks

Wildman
06-26-2006, 10:56 AM
hey i am thinking of heading up around fishpot lake this year for moose, (hopefully) if we get a draw, would you mind shareing any info about the resort.

thanks

Sure will! Once I find out if we got the draw or not.