PDA

View Full Version : Binocular case

TriggerMag
12-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Looking for the best Binocular case that incorporates a binocular harness to keep the Expensive binos clean, dry and protected.

Thanks
TM

Shooter
12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
If you want a full case I would look into the badlands bino case. Seems like everyone that has them loves them.

hunter1947
12-22-2010, 04:23 AM
I am tired of my binoculars bouncing around all the time when I am walking in the bush ,for next year I will be getting them straps to hold them tight to my body ,what are them straps called that go around both shoulders and waist ????.

Stresd
12-22-2010, 07:41 AM
If you want a full case I would look into the badlands bino case. Seems like everyone that has them loves them.

X2 on the Badlands Bino Case. I find it works really well.:cool:

BiG Boar
12-22-2010, 07:44 AM
I am tired of my binoculars bouncing around all the time when I am walking in the bush ,for next year I will be getting them straps to hold them tight to my body ,what are them straps called that go around both shoulders and waist ????.

Just a binocular harness. There are many makes. The ones they are talking about on this thread have a neoprene cover that protect them from rain and dirt.

Jonas111
12-22-2010, 08:19 AM

I have the harness around my binos and it does help keep them close to your body but it doesn't help to keep the rain and snow out of the lenses. I think next year I might go with the Badlands bino case to keep them clean and dry.

I had the harness inside my jacket this year and because the heat from my body when I pulled it out from under my jacket it fogged up.

TriggerMag
12-22-2010, 11:30 AM
I just sourced out another Bino Case made by www.alaskaguidecreations.com (http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com)

Its called the AGC Bino chest pack.

Does any one have any experience with this product.

Thanks

Badlands62
12-22-2010, 04:04 PM
I use the one from Badlands and love it. Best one I've used. Keeps binos clean, dry, and well protected as well as easy access to them..:mrgreen:

CJW
12-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I really like my Badlands case. Don't think you can go wrong with one.

troutseeker
12-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Badlands bino case! It's so good I got one for my daughter too! The magnetic closure is great, unless you gots a pacemaker...

RoscoeP
12-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Badlands bino case! It's so good I got one for my daughter too! The magnetic closure is great, unless you gots a pacemaker...

I have one of these, they are the best, with the magnetic closure so easy to put in or take out. Also bought the badlands rangefinder case as an accessorey pouch and my archery hip quiver has two magnetic pouches, no fiddeling around. Best of all "Lifetime warranty" Cheers Roscoe:-D

Shooter
12-22-2010, 09:21 PM
How does the badlands case fit with a pack on also?

TriggerMag
12-22-2010, 11:36 PM
What is the Largest size Binocular that will fit in the Badlands Bino Case?

338 winmag
12-23-2010, 12:18 PM
The best harness system I've used is the original IPI Bino Manager. Problem with the cases is they are a pain to pull your binos in and out if you like to constantly glass while hiking. Unfortunately Maddog purchased IPI and changed the length of the harness and ruined a good set up.

troutseeker
12-23-2010, 12:56 PM
How does the badlands case fit with a pack on also?

Fit's fine, I've carried a 50 pound plus pack and the bino case without issues. The bino straps are pretty flat.

If you have a Badlands pack, you can hook their bino case directly to it.

I will actually put some clips on my MR pack to make this work. Just remove the bino case harness and stick it in the pack, clip the bino case ot the backpack straps. When you get there, take pack off anbd re-attach bino case to it's harness!

As far as getting the bino's out of the case to use, I have not find this to be in issue. It is easy and quick to get them out nad put them back in. If I am on a stalk and I need the bino's "right now" all the time I just let them hang outside of the bino case. Still better than on a long neck strap.

wildcatter
12-23-2010, 03:47 PM
The Badlands bino case looks good but too big, I wonder why they don't make a smaller one?
It looks like a backpack on your chest.
Just bought a Voodoo Tactical bino case on ebay for $17.95, with shipping it came to $24.26CAD, it's the right size, it will be perfect after I hook it up with a good harness.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=260709732087

pushbush
12-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Will 10 x 42 binos fit in the badlands bino case??

coach
12-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Will 10 x 42 binos fit in the badlands bino case??

No problem. I have 10x42 Nikons and they fit just fine in my badlands case. The case is a great product. I wear it under my pack all the time - it's quite comfortable.

huntergirl270
12-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Badlands...

Bought hubby the case last yr and its great... saw the one avail for archery the other day in Chilliwack Dart and Tackle and it's pretty sweet as well. Magnetic closure is quiet and the case has tons of compartments for other items.

338 winmag
12-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Lots of compartments but try sticking something in there and closing the lid. I can fit a mini lighter, small fire starter and my hunting license. Forget a GPS or a even a Leather-man.

troutseeker
12-26-2010, 12:55 AM
I put my license, a lighter, some tp and 2 rounds of .300wsm in mine. GPS sits atop the bino's when stored and goes in a coat pocket in the field.

pushbush
01-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Has any one tried the Crooked Horn Bino Shield. It's apparently alot smaller and lighter.

BlackwaterMerc
01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
I just got the bino case free with the Ox backpack for 359.99 from Grouse Rivers in Kelowna. Best pack Ive ever seen!

wildcatter
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Received my Woodoo Tactical bino case today, it's very well made and fits my Zeiss 8x32 perfectly.
I can carry it on my belt, easy to get to, the only thing is the velcro is a bit noisy.

And it has a buckle in addition to the velcro, so there is no way in hell it can open accidently.

srupp
01-18-2011, 06:20 PM
I just finished reviewing the Badlands binocular case and in my opinion it is a fail on many separate issues. First I certainly don't trust magnets to keep any item secure and that sure in the hell includes $2000 pair binoculars! By the very nature of our hobby we are climbing over or underor through trees and hills brush and what ever and I just don't have the confidence in magnets. I also found the design of the pack to be very large and cumbersome certainly not something I want to wear underneath a backpack. Its large surface area precludes necessary movement of air across my chest to cool me down. I am not certain that due to its design it would be entirely suitable for the larger sized Hunter, so I will pass on this.

While I was at it I took a look at the Badlands rangefinder holder and again it failed for the same reasons, only the rangefinder would usually sit on your hip or attached to your backpack and there would be a very good chance of you losing your valuable rangefinder and not even knowing it was gone until he went to use it. To import of an item and too expensive to this poorly designed item. If I were to redesign it I would change ultra rare earth magnets and incorporate a very robust zipper, make the pouch more streamlined and redesign the harness system to accommodate all sized hunters or basically start from scratch.

Brutal Steven:mrgreen:

Ferenc
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Butler Creek Bino Buddies....check em out

The Hermit
01-26-2011, 09:52 AM

You can look at the KOWA harness when you pick up your other stuff Wayne...

Bill

troutseeker
01-26-2011, 02:16 PM
I just finished reviewing the Badlands binocular case and in my opinion it is a fail on many separate issues. First I certainly don't trust magnets to keep any item secure and that sure in the hell includes $2000 pair binoculars! By the very nature of our hobby we are climbing over or underor through trees and hills brush and what ever and I just don't have the confidence in magnets. I also found the design of the pack to be very large and cumbersome certainly not something I want to wear underneath a backpack. Its large surface area precludes necessary movement of air across my chest to cool me down. I am not certain that due to its design it would be entirely suitable for the larger sized Hunter, so I will pass on this.

While I was at it I took a look at the Badlands rangefinder holder and again it failed for the same reasons, only the rangefinder would usually sit on your hip or attached to your backpack and there would be a very good chance of you losing your valuable rangefinder and not even knowing it was gone until he went to use it. To import of an item and too expensive to this poorly designed item. If I were to redesign it I would change ultra rare earth magnets and incorporate a very robust zipper, make the pouch more streamlined and redesign the harness system to accommodate all sized hunters or basically start from scratch.

Brutal Steven:mrgreen:

I for one do not find them so brutal, Steven.:wink: you must consider that both of these holders have built in elasticized lanyards to attach your bino's and range finder to... Once that is done, even if the magnetic opening should fail, the items will not plummet to the ground.:-D Loosing equipmet is a non-issue if you use the thing properly!

The magnetic closure is awesome as you don't need to unzip (noisy) it or fumble with velcro (noisy) or any other type of closure. It opens with a firm pull, silently. Once you place the bino's back in, simply bring the lid onto the body of the holder and it is secure so water, branches, leaves and dirt stay out!

I am not a super large fellow, but at 6'1" and 210lbs, I ain't exactly dainty, and it fits me fine and works well with a pack on too (up to 50 lbs so far).

My 19 year old daughter (who is much smaller than me...) also uses one and loves it! No problems with her "assets"...

You are correct that it may resrict the flow of air, but most such system would. I found that by wearing the strap a little loose, the holder allowed air circulation.

In short, it works well for me, you mileage may vary...

The Hermit
01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I just sourced out another Bino Case made by www.alaskaguidecreations.com (http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com)

Its called the AGC Bino chest pack.

Does any one have any experience with this product.

Thanks

I have had one for a season and half. I am considering an option to be a dealer. He changed the camo design this year and I haven't see the new ones yet.

Good pack for rifle hunters but the inside is nylon so it a little noisy for treestanding. I have suggested that in his next manufacturing run he consider a bowhunter version with a soft quiet liner in the pouches. If he does that they will be a great choice.