PDA

View Full Version : Amazing form!! (video)

firstlight
12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Ok, I don't target shoot much but check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpGBasmsps&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCd7YBiV1U8&feature=related

threedhunter
01-04-2011, 12:26 PM
pretty good form, needs some work on her bow hand during/after release.hard to argue with results but scores could be even higher.

fozzy
01-04-2011, 08:22 PM
With the womans world record fita score it's hard to criticize her form. The exaggerated wrist action is strange to me but works for her.

Bow Walker
01-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Koreans are some of the world's best archers. They are taught/trained to fallow through fully, which means not gripping the bow at all and letting it fall away naturally after the shot. They rely completely on their wrist slings or thumb slings.

Did you see the way she was holding on target? Rock solid, with no discernible waver in her bow arm at all! Amazing.

Chuck
01-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Can't quibble there for sure! Wonder how she'd do with a moving target or even from a horse? Also, what's in it for them - do they get paid like some golfers or sports pros? Just talking.

Bow Walker
01-05-2011, 10:49 AM
The sport of archery is huge in Asian countries. The good ones are national 'heroes' and are comparable to people like Sidney Crosby and (dare I say) Luongo...

Johnnybear
01-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Can't quibble there for sure! Wonder how she'd do with a moving target or even from a horse? Also, what's in it for them - do they get paid like some golfers or sports pros? Just talking.

I don't know dollar amounts buy yeah they get paid. Look at some more videos and you can see all the sponser banners etc. Kind of cool and alot more cool than golf:wink:

snowtiger14
03-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Yes, in a manner of speaking, the archers get paid. Kind of like golfers, they get a cheque when they win, place, etc... Also, in several Asian countries, the Pro archers are looked after financialy by their governments(A system I kinda wish we could adopt!!). They also have exceptional access to top level coaches, nutrionalists, physio, etc... Housing is looked after, education is looked after, especially post secondary. Ever get the feeling that our "government ideals" sometimes leave something to be desired??